The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi, I applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee,UWS and UHI. I have the academic requirements(non-honours degree), I’m currently completing mybachelor in social sciences. I’ve been rejected fromAberdeen and Strathclyde due to my interview, Ihave an interview for Dundee that doesn’t have adate. I’ve heard nothing from the other two at all, hasanyone had the same?A bit disheartened since there’s been no good newsat all.
Original post by Maia17
Hi, I applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee,UWS and UHI. I have the academic requirements(non-honours degree), I’m currently completing mybachelor in social sciences. I’ve been rejected fromAberdeen and Strathclyde due to my interview, Ihave an interview for Dundee that doesn’t have adate. I’ve heard nothing from the other two at all, hasanyone had the same?A bit disheartened since there’s been no good newsat all.

Hey! I had my Glasgow Interview yesterday and I had to confirm the interview through UCAS before I got at date and time, but I've still heard nothing from UWS.
Original post by Maia17

Hi, I am sorry to hear this! For Glasgow I had to confirm a date for interview through UCAS, then I was offered a time. Good luck with the rest of the Uni’s.
Original post by ErinB21
Hi Catherine!
I have a few questions! Just what does the timetable look like and when it will become available? So excited to get started 😁

Hi @ErinB21 ,

Your timetable will be sent out quite late on - I think we got ours around the start of August and we started mid-August. It is agonising waiting for it but it will come.

First week was an induction week with some lectures and tutorial groups. Then during on campus time it worked out that we were in Monday and Thursday with other PGDE students and then one other day 9-4 which was History (subject) specific which this year has been Tuesday. There are also the occasional Wednesday sessions which were used for immersion days about other social subjects you may need to teach at BGE level. It did work out that most weeks on campus you are in 3 or 4 out of the 5 days and if doing dual qualification it can be all 5 days. Once on placement you are there the full school day.
We were on uni campus at classes until around October holiday and then on Placement up to Christmas. January back on campus for a couple weeks then off on a different school placement which has a break in the middle with time on campus.
Aside from placement and classes/lectures on campus you also have prep work and assignments to submit.

Hope that gives an insight. Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hi, is anyone going firmed Glasgow Uni yet for PGDE? How are people getting on with interviews and offers?
Reply 65
Going for my PGDE secondary interview at Strathclyde soon we’re to prepare a <5 min presentation and email it to the interviewer, but I’m not sure what format (powerpoint, word doc, bullet points, full script etc). Sent them an email and no reply. Anyone got any ideas? :smile:
Original post by arthoe
Going for my PGDE secondary interview at Strathclyde soon we’re to prepare a <5 min presentation and email it to the interviewer, but I’m not sure what format (powerpoint, word doc, bullet points, full script etc). Sent them an email and no reply. Anyone got any ideas? :smile:

Hi, I didn’t have a Strathclyde interview but some people from my Facebook group may have or preparing for an interview. Here’s the link if you want to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/923412215845821/?ref=share_group_link
Reply 67
Has anyone applied for the Psychooogy PGDE at Strath? I applied over a month ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet, I swear they were much faster last time.
Reply 68
I applied last week for PGDE Modern Languages (Spanish & French)

I have been offered an interview for BOTH Glasgow & Strathclyde.

My question is which is better?
Anyone know the pro’s and con’s of each?
Hello! I have applied to UHI and Strathclyde for the PGDE. I only submitted my application in January so I haven’t heard back yet! Anyone know what to expect at interviews?
Reply 70
Original post by Spade0002
I applied last week for PGDE Modern Languages (Spanish & French)

I have been offered an interview for BOTH Glasgow & Strathclyde.

My question is which is better?
Anyone know the pro’s and con’s of each?

This may or may not help. You can select by course (education). These universities rank 8th and 9th, both with an overall score of 92% but differing breakdowns. Gla is rising in rank but Stathclyde has dropped. As I said, may or may not help! Good luck!!

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/education
Reply 71
Does anyone know how quickly the interview result is given?

For example, I have the Glasgow interview next Wed, and the Strathclyde one next Thurs.

Am I likely to find out about the Glasgow result within 24 hours?
Similar question to the one above me! I was given a verbal offer during my interview to Glasgow, but have yet to receive the offer on ucas and it’s been over a week!

Is this uncommon/am I overthinking in anyone’s opinion? I’m definitely feeling a bit tense!
Reply 73
Original post by ndmryflrnc
Similar question to the one above me! I was given a verbal offer during my interview to Glasgow, but have yet to receive the offer on ucas and it’s been over a week!

Is this uncommon/am I overthinking in anyone’s opinion? I’m definitely feeling a bit tense!

Hi there. Thanks for the info.

Did they tell you at the end of the online interview that you had been successful?

Good to know, if so!

Thanks
Original post by Spade0002

Hi there. Thanks for the info.

Did they tell you at the end of the online interview that you had been successful?

Good to know, if so!

Thanks

Yes, mid interview I was told that I was going to be offered a place on the course so feeling a bit lost as I haven’t had it through ucas yet :frown:
Reply 75
Anyone done Modern Languages and know what the written task was?
Reply 76
Original post by natashac99
I just got an invitation for interview at Dundee in January!! So quick, did not expect that at all

Hi! I also have an interview at Dundee uni for PGDE primary this month. Can I ask how yours went please and if there are any tips you would recommend at all? Going back in to education after so many years and so feeling a tad nervous! 🫣 Hope your interview was a smooth process! Thank you!
Reply 77
Has anyone herd back from Edinburgh with an offer?
Original post by Maia17

I haven’t heard from UWS at all yet but had an interview at Strathclyde last week, how long did it take to hear back from Strathclyde?
Reply 79
Hey, I have applied for PGDE primary and received an invitation for an interview at Glasgow today! My invitation says for the 25th April at 00:00 on UCAS and i have option to accept invite or choose alternative date. Should i just accept and the uni contacts me to rearrange a date or should i pick the alternative date option? Thanks in advance!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending