The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lilacpalibin
I haven’t heard from UWS at all yet but had an interview at Strathclyde last week, how long did it take to hear back from Strathclyde?

Very quickly, it was a rejection so I assume it doesn’t take long to evaluate. I got my interview offer from UWS 2 days ago
Original post by Maia17
Very quickly, it was a rejection so I assume it doesn’t take long to evaluate. I got my interview offer from UWS 2 days ago

Aw best of luck for your UWS interview!
Reply 82
Original post by Kclark211
Hey, I have applied for PGDE primary and received an invitation for an interview at Glasgow today! My invitation says for the 25th April at 00:00 on UCAS and i have option to accept invite or choose alternative date. Should i just accept and the uni contacts me to rearrange a date or should i pick the alternative date option? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, exactly. It automatically says 00:00 for everyone, then the uni contacts you with a time.
Reply 83
Original post by Spade0002

Yes, exactly. It automatically says 00:00 for everyone, then the uni contacts you with a time.

Sorry, realised I didn’t answer your question. Glasgow are quite good about contacting them directly, so I would just do that first - email them and ask
Original post by Kclark211
Hey, I have applied for PGDE primary and received an invitation for an interview at Glasgow today! My invitation says for the 25th April at 00:00 on UCAS and i have option to accept invite or choose alternative date. Should i just accept and the uni contacts me to rearrange a date or should i pick the alternative date option? Thanks in advance!!

Don't worry! Mine said 00:00 for ages and then I got an email closer to my interview with the actual time and zoom link!
Reply 85
Original post by HM199
Hi! I also have an interview at Dundee uni for PGDE primary this month. Can I ask how yours went please and if there are any tips you would recommend at all? Going back in to education after so many years and so feeling a tad nervous! 🫣 Hope your interview was a smooth process! Thank you!

Good luck!
I had mine on 31st Jan and had a lovely time, would just make sure you stick to time on the task as they do time you and that was a bit of a surprise for some people. I got an offer the following week so the best advice i can give you is go in and enjoy it!
:smile:
Reply 86
Original post by lilacpalibin
Aw best of luck for your UWS interview!

Thank you! Same to you with your applications!
Reply 87
Original post by carylyn
Hi, I have an interview in the next few weeks for Glasgow. Can you remember the written part of the interview? That's what I'm most anxious about I think. I'm not sure if it might be about education or specific to my subject (biology). I want to be as prepared as I can!

Hi so sorry, I've just saw this. My written part was talking about one of the GRCS Standards for Provisional Registration, more specifically about trust and respect.

I related to my previous job as a Support for Learning Assistant. I think that the whole point of the task is for them to assess how well you articulate yourself and look at your previous experience.

Good luck for the interview!
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from their choices? I have applied for Glasgow and Strathclyde (in Nov 23) (PGDE primary) and haven’t had anything other than Strathclyde asking for copies of certificates in December. Starting to make me anxious.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 89
Anyone know what the written part of the UHI interview is?
Reply 90
Hi everyone, I have an interview for Edinburgh Uni tomorrow for my PGDE Secondary. It's a group one. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into how it will be or how long it'll last? :smile:
Original post by amewhi
Hi everyone, I have an interview for Edinburgh Uni tomorrow for my PGDE Secondary. It's a group one. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into how it will be or how long it'll last? :smile:

Hi, I had my Edinburgh interview in January. It was an 8 minute group exercise, which was to discuss a teaching topic (topic given on the day). Then a 20 minute interview. Some subject had something else to do which was explained in the email from the admissions team. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the interview felt more like a chat about why I wanted to be a teacher and why my particular subject.

Hope this helps and best of luck.
Reply 92
Original post by kimbarclay83
Hi, I had my Edinburgh interview in January. It was an 8 minute group exercise, which was to discuss a teaching topic (topic given on the day). Then a 20 minute interview. Some subject had something else to do which was explained in the email from the admissions team. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the interview felt more like a chat about why I wanted to be a teacher and why my particular subject.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Thanks! That's rly I helpful and reassuring. I have my interview on Wednesday. Do you remember what any of the teaching topics were that you had to talk about in the groups?
Original post by MattM02
Thanks! That's rly I helpful and reassuring. I have my interview on Wednesday. Do you remember what any of the teaching topics were that you had to talk about in the groups?

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember it was common sense and if you've had classroom experience (observing) you'll do fine. It's not assessed and meant as an ice breakers for the tutors to get to know you.
Reply 94
Original post by MattM02

They asked my group what three problems teachers face now.
Reply 95
Does anyone have experience with UWS primary interview?
I am aware of the format but was wondering what sort of questions should I expect?

I’m so nervous as this is the one I really want😬
Reply 96
Hi everyone, has anyone had an interview for Strathclyde primary? I have been invited for interview in March and feels so soon with so much to prepare! What kind of questions did people get asked if they have been yet?
Reply 97
Original post by arthoe
Hello everyone, I am applying for a PGDE in Art & Design applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde. I’m a 2:1 Illustration graduate but I see there’s a want for ‘fine art’ experience like printmaking, sculpture etc. which I didn’t do too much of at uni (I mostly did digital drawing, sketching and painting). Will I be asked to bring a physical portfolio to the interview?

I also don’t have secondary school experience I have experience volunteering once a week at an early learning centre for 1.5 years (not so recent), and have been volunteering at a creative youth group (secondary age children) since August 2023. I’ve done some other work ‘for’ kids but not with them. Is this going to put me at a serious disadvantage?

Sorry for rambling, I am just doubting my application!
Hello! Have you had a response from any of the unis you applied to?

I’m am also applying to Edinburgh for PGDE Art & Design but have not had a response as yet 😕 I applied in January.
Hello! I have been invited to an interview/selection event with UHI in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of what it is like? I also submitted my maths/english/degree qualifications to Strathclyde and now am awaiting a response from them!
Reply 99
Hi there, I’ve applied to the PGDE for Secondary and Spanish at Strrathclyde and Glasgow uni but have not heard anything back. Just wondering if anyone from MFL heard anything back yet? I’ve submitted my application on the 30th of Jan and just worried I’ve left it too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending