The Student Room Group

November 2023 Illegal Migration Intake Unit - Intake Response Team - Immigration Offi

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy842
I didn't have to do this but average is 37 days but usually much quicker. From previous posts on here, under 2 weeks.

Thanks bud, just a quick one. I submitted my info 5 days ago, i had a call on Thursday to clarify some information. I've just logged on to my NSV account and it says completed. Does that sound strange? I know it said it was a priority application but didn't think it would be that quick.
Thanks
H
Original post by Hprice1099
Thanks bud, just a quick one. I submitted my info 5 days ago, i had a call on Thursday to clarify some information. I've just logged on to my NSV account and it says completed. Does that sound strange? I know it said it was a priority application but didn't think it would be that quick.
Thanks
H

I think others have stated on this thread that they also had a rapid turnaround, so nothing out of the ordinary what with it being a priority.
I think others have stated on this thread that they also had a rapid turnaround, so nothing out of the ordinary what with it being a priority.

Yes, super quick. Under a week to receive PDF after submission.

Thanks
Original post by NorthernBecks
Yes, super quick. Under a week to receive PDF after submission.

Thanks, hopefully get a start date soon 🤞
Reply 445
Original post by Landingwalker83
Anyone else attended the Induction yet in Croydon? My friend has attended and was shocked at how un organized it was.
He said that the job how they described it was totally different to he job advert, no one knew what was happening and he got no I'd card and was given a Hi Viz but no uniform!
Said it was a totally wasted journey,Starting to get really concerned.

Starting in may, If you don't mind me asking how was the job description described to him? I haven't been given any further information yet
Reply 446
He said there was lots of mixed messages, he said it was mentioned there was no shift pattern yet, that we don't get protection IE vests, cuffs etc and that role just involves "interviewing" and is classed as non confrontational.
Was wondering if other people have attended and found this to be the case, I am starting to be a little concerned.

If he went to Croydon i think he applied for the EO role (case worker) so they don't need a uniform or any other protection clothes, but if he applied to IO (immigration officer ) role his induction should be at Eaton House, so I would be worried if he actually applied for IO
Original post by arayos
If he went to Croydon i think he applied for the EO role (case worker) so they don't need a uniform or any other protection clothes, but if he applied to IO (immigration officer ) role his induction should be at Eaton House, so I would be worried if he actually applied for IO

I have applied for an IO and my induction is on Croydon too
Anyone else attended the Induction yet in Croydon? My friend has attended and was shocked at how un organized it was.
He said that the job how they described it was totally different to he job advert, no one knew what was happening and he got no I'd card and was given a Hi Viz but no uniform!
Said it was a totally wasted journey,Starting to get really concerned.

I don’t understand it as when I spoke to an induction manager I asked about it being a new role thinking that would be a reason for lack of clarity on anything that I’ve been trying to find out but she said it wasn’t a new role so what’s going on?
Original post by Ky535
Looking at the above comments, just wondering what the job title is listed as on other people's contracts? Does it match up to what you all applied for?

On my contract it did state caseworker. I phoned up to clarify as I felt it should have said immigration officer but they said it was a standard contract and they still didn’t know what to call us. It’s all been a bit of a mess from the beginning to be honest. I got sick of questioning them on everything as I didn’t want to come across as being awkward but it seemed everything one person said, another said different.
Original post by Ky535
Mine states "Immigration Officer Caseworker" which feels as if they've combined 2 roles since the job was advertised. Any questions I've had would be dealt with on the induction apparently.

Yeah sorry that was mine too. Felt it was weird to be called a case worker so did question it.
Just a bit worried about the pay changing as if they change the shifts from what they originally said it could come with a pay reduction
Yeah same, Immigration Officer Caseworker 2. Will just have to find out now as I've finished with my previous employer and start in Croydon Monday. I didn't expect to be issued anything other than a uniform, I don't see a stab vest or body armour as appropriate for a role that's essentially conducting the initial interview for those entering the UK illegally.
On the induction, did they let anyone know if AWH is paid from Day 1 or after training?
Also, did they confirm what the training would be and how long it would last?
This is for intake rapid response team, not the remote intake team.
Apparently the ahw is been paid from day 1. More concerning is on there zoom call it was allegedly mentioned that it's only 46 Percent AHW and that the shifts are not going to be 12 hours now and will be 10.5, which will effect our days off. I can not see that been the case because it is clearly advertised but if that's the case I am fuming.
I have a family and mortgage and believe the lack of clarity regarding shifts and the job is scary. starting in 2 weeks, have no contract and if the AHW is lower and get less days off then what's the point of the job???

You can’t rely on the AHW mate, it can take it away/reduced it at short notice. Same with the shifts unfortunately. They’ll just say it’s the business needs.
Original post by undercover-strat
On the induction, did they let anyone know if AWH is paid from Day 1 or after training?
Also, did they confirm what the training would be and how long it would last?
This is for intake rapid response team, not the remote intake team.

It states on the contract that AHW is NOT paid during the initial 3 week training. As there is no shift work or unsociable hours being worked.

It’s 3 weeks training, remote via teams.

No mention of going to Croydon for me, unlike others.

Have been contacted by my induction manager to obtain my address to send work issued laptop to.

This is for response team too. Although, contract states caseworker 2 as like others but have questioned that before sending the signed contract off.
Original post by Jadeabella
It states on the contract that AHW is NOT paid during the initial 3 week training. As there is no shift work or unsociable hours being worked.
It’s 3 weeks training, remote via teams.
No mention of going to Croydon for me, unlike others.
Have been contacted by my induction manager to obtain my address to send work issued laptop to.
This is for response team too. Although, contract states caseworker 2 as like others but have questioned that before sending the signed contract off.

Contract states:

“You will not receive AHA during your initial training, or periods where you are being
mentored but not working a shift pattern or weekends. There are two options that can be
adopted to manage your initial training period, and these are set out below:
1. During the initial training period, you will receive a 0% AHA allowance to reflect the
Monday to Friday working pattern. When you start working shifts, a written part year
agreement for the remainder of the year will be provided to you to advise you of the
applicable AHA rate
2. A part year / annual agreement (depending on the start date) will be provided to you to
10 of 11
cover the first full / part year, including the period of training. This will reflect a lower AHA
percentage to account for the 0% rate for the known training modules where you are not
working shifts for the full agreement period. This scenario will also be applicable where
there are two periods of training during the first year, and the dates are known at the out“
They can not change the AHA at short notice. Once it is agreed at the start of the financial year that is it for the whole year. So they could have reduced it for the year to 46% but that should be it for the whole year.
I have been sent a copy of the shift pattern and it is 12 hour shifts to allow for more days off. If this has now changed I will not be happy
Hey just found this thread. I start as an IO on 15th april, was phoned on 22nd March to arrange laptop delivery and told I would get a message from DPD to arrange the date of delivery but still heard nothing! Has anyone else heard anything? Was told first day would be in Croydon, but still had no details about the induction day
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Ky535
Same start date as me. Still waiting on hearing about the laptop too. Was told the first day in Croydon was just to ensure we're all set up with the laptop etc.

Where are you going to be based? Nice to meet someone who is going to be starting at the same time! I like being really organised so I hate all this last minute info, guess it seems like I'm not the onky one who doesn't know anything yet
Original post by Ky535
Salford, how about you? I'm the exact same with organisation so this entire process has been stressful. I attended one of the initial zoom calls about the role which convinced me to apply but since then it's been pretty painful.

I will be based at Dover, would just be nice to know the plan. I emailed them on Monday to see if there was any more info and still haven't had a reply :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending