The Student Room Group

November 2023 Illegal Migration Intake Unit - Intake Response Team - Immigration Offi

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lateef190
I've also got offsr for gmp police but I'm struggling to pick which one

Hi mate, I’m currently a PC with GMP on response.

Tbh I wouldn’t recommend it, hence why I’m applying for alternative roles.

We’ve just implemented a new response model - not enough cops, single crewed all the time, no one to back you up! All new recruits will be put into the district investigation team where you’ll be carrying high crime loads and that’s all you’ll do, and prisoner handovers! You’ll never leave the nick!

But good luck either way!
Reply 41
Does anyone know what this role illegal migration unit is really about as there's limited information about it
Reply 42
Have you heard anything today ?
Reply 43
Original post by Markdprit
Have you heard anything today ?

No from today it changed from checking drivers license to interview review but no result
Reply 44
No from today it changed from checking drivers license to interview review but no result

Same here, hope we may hear something next week.
Reply 45
I've applied for this role but in Newcastle. Not heard anything yet and did my interview December 17th. Not applied for anything for ages but this seems well interesting so I really want it this time 😩
Reply 46
Original post by Landingwalker83
I am going to email them next week, I would like a little more information regarding the job, specifically shifts and how often you could be working away etc.

I'm currently a prison officer for a number of years and have ha dit with hat job, it's awful!

Hi, as far as I know the shifts are 12 hrs and tend to be 4 on 4 off. But the meal break is 90 mins taken at the end of the shift and the HO representative said you can travel home during the meal and don't have to stay. I did screenshot the shift pattern on the webinar. No info on working away. But expected to be quite a bit during summer months.
Reply 47
I am going to email them next week, I would like a little more information regarding the job, specifically shifts and how often you could be working away etc.

I'm currently a prison officer for a number of years and have ha dit with hat job, it's awful!

They stated post would be working 3 weekends then 3 off. Shifts:
Early 0700-1900
Days 1000-2200
Late 1100-2300
Nights 2200-1000

But obviously all depends on needs.
Reply 48
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

So 3 days in then 3 off right regardles
I applied for heathrow beginning of November, did the written assessment on 22/12 and interview on 28/12, haven't had an outcome yet but I'm relieved to read I'm not the only one waiting! Will update if I hear anything :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Lullabylala
I applied for heathrow beginning of November, did the written assessment on 22/12 and interview on 28/12, haven't had an outcome yet but I'm relieved to read I'm not the only one waiting! Will update if I hear anything :smile:

Good luck! 🙂
Reply 51

Let us know ow about this thanks
Reply 52
Hi all, I applied to the lpool one. Did the first test mid November. I passed that and was told within 48 hours. Then had to do a written test wirhin 5 days. Got a pass for that within 4 days with a link to the video interview which had to be completed in 7 days.
Didn’t really like the interview as it was all pre recorded, 30 secs to think of the answer then you get recorded automatically and you have 2 minutes to answer. I think there was about 9 or 10 questions to answer and took about 25 mins. It went quite quickly but hard talking to a screen and having no one to look at for any reassurance or follow up questions. They were strength based questions based on their civil service frame work so I was prepared with some examples but the way they word the questions is hard to know which answer to give. Did my interview on 1/12 and got an email last Wednesday stating that I had passed the interview and got offered a provisional offer pending vetting. Took just under a month from interview to offer which isn’t too bad considering Xmas/new year in the middle.
I have had to do my onboarding info which included uploading ID, passport, driving licence and credit card statement and then got asked a variety of tick boxed questions.
Previous employment and then asked for another reference from someone you know but not family.
I have been sent a medical questionnaire today which has thrown me as I didn’t believe there was a medical required for this job so I am a little worried about that and then another email stating that my ID’s failed so I will have to do a face to face meeting with the company to confirm identity. This is annoying as at the moment I live 3 hours away so seems a lot of travelling. I have spoken to someone today on the phone who said it can take up to 12 weeks for pre employment checks to be done which seems a long time for only a CTC level.
Anyone else had anymore updates?
Reply 53
Original post by Choward123
Hi all, I applied to the lpool one. Did the first test mid November. I passed that and was told within 48 hours. Then had to do a written test wirhin 5 days. Got a pass for that within 4 days with a link to the video interview which had to be completed in 7 days.
Didn’t really like the interview as it was all pre recorded, 30 secs to think of the answer then you get recorded automatically and you have 2 minutes to answer. I think there was about 9 or 10 questions to answer and took about 25 mins. It went quite quickly but hard talking to a screen and having no one to look at for any reassurance or follow up questions. They were strength based questions based on their civil service frame work so I was prepared with some examples but the way they word the questions is hard to know which answer to give. Did my interview on 1/12 and got an email last Wednesday stating that I had passed the interview and got offered a provisional offer pending vetting. Took just under a month from interview to offer which isn’t too bad considering Xmas/new year in the middle.
I have had to do my onboarding info which included uploading ID, passport, driving licence and credit card statement and then got asked a variety of tick boxed questions.
Previous employment and then asked for another reference from someone you know but not family.
I have been sent a medical questionnaire today which has thrown me as I didn’t believe there was a medical required for this job so I am a little worried about that and then another email stating that my ID’s failed so I will have to do a face to face meeting with the company to confirm identity. This is annoying as at the moment I live 3 hours away so seems a lot of travelling. I have spoken to someone today on the phone who said it can take up to 12 weeks for pre employment checks to be done which seems a long time for only a CTC level.
Anyone else had anymore updates?

This is also the example shift pattern that I received from the information Q and A before I applied for the job.

12 hour shifts but if no dinner break can take at end of shift and leave early….
8 week pattern…5 on, 4 off for most but a couple 4 on 5 off.
7 earlies - 7 x 7
13 lates - 12 x 12
7 nights - 10 x 10.
2 sets of 4 with 5 days off are 4 earlies and then 4 nights.
And the nights tend to follow each other rather than keep swapping and changing so they don’t come into play until week 5 of the pattern.
3 lates - 2 nights - 5 off.
Then 5 lates - 5 off
4 nights - 5 off.
And then back to earlies/lates again until week 5.
Not sure if this was just for the lpool one or across the board but hopefully it will help 😀
Reply 54
Does anyone know what this role illegal migration unit is really about as there's limited information about it

Hi, from my understanding we will be processing any illegal immigrants that arrive via boats or hidden in lorries.
Interviewing them, finger printing, researching evidence etc and then making decisions on what happens to them, ie, stay or be sent back.
As the “response” side we could be sent to over locations when they are busy to help out which will mean some time working away. Apparently this is more often in the summer months as easier to get over on boats due to the weather.
Reply 55
Thanks for all that info that’s brill!

Did they say anything about overtime and if you can get it regularly?
Reply 56
Original post by SLClegg
Thanks for all that info that’s brill!

Did they say anything about overtime and if you can get it regularly?

I did ask the question of overtime which they didn’t answer very clearly but from my take on what they said there isn’t much overtime and it is included in the extra money you get for the annualised working hours allowance which is £13,000 on top. So I’m guessing at times you have to work hard for it but other times you are getting the extra money on the quieter/easier periods? They said that if you work away it will not encroach on days off.
When working away, accomodation and food is paid for but I haven’t had a chance to ask if there is any extra pay for the nights you spend away from home as that is what happens in my current job. I have a feeling that will be included in the extra pay though.
Reply 57
Hi, from my understanding we will be processing any illegal immigrants that arrive via boats or hidden in lorries.
Interviewing them, finger printing, researching evidence etc and then making decisions on what happens to them, ie, stay or be sent back.
As the “response” side we could be sent to over locations when they are busy to help out which will mean some time working away. Apparently this is more often in the summer months as easier to get over on boats due to the weather.

Thank you. Have you completed interviews. Mine was done on 17th Dec just waiting for reply. If vetting I have ctc ready. Is it a ctc clearance terrorism level?
Reply 58
Thank you. Have you completed interviews. Mine was done on 17th Dec just waiting for reply. If vetting I have ctc ready. Is it a ctc clearance terrorism level?

Did my interview on1/12 and got an email last Wednesday stating that Ihad passed the interview and got offered aprovisional offer pending vetting. Took just under amonth from interview to offer which isn’t too badconsidering Xmas/new year in the middle.I have had to do my onboarding info which includeduploading ID, passport, driving licence and credit cardstatement and then got asked a variety of tick boxedquestions.Previous employment and then asked for anotherreference from someone you know but not family.I have been sent a medical questionnaire today whichhas thrown me as I didn’t believe there was a medicalrequired for this job so I am a little worried about thatand then another email stating that my ID’s failed so Iwill have to do a face to face meeting with thecompany to confirm identity. This is annoying as atthe moment I live 3 hours away so seems a lot oftravelling. I have spoken to someone today on thephone who said it can take up to 12 weeks for preemployment checks to be done which seems a longtime for only a CTC level.
Reply 59
Did my interview on1/12 and got an email last Wednesday stating that Ihad passed the interview and got offered aprovisional offer pending vetting. Took just under amonth from interview to offer which isn’t too badconsidering Xmas/new year in the middle.I have had to do my onboarding info which includeduploading ID, passport, driving licence and credit cardstatement and then got asked a variety of tick boxedquestions.Previous employment and then asked for anotherreference from someone you know but not family.I have been sent a medical questionnaire today whichhas thrown me as I didn’t believe there was a medicalrequired for this job so I am a little worried about thatand then another email stating that my ID’s failed so Iwill have to do a face to face meeting with thecompany to confirm identity. This is annoying as atthe moment I live 3 hours away so seems a lot oftravelling. I have spoken to someone today on thephone who said it can take up to 12 weeks for preemployment checks to be done which seems a longtime for only a CTC level.

When I worked in prev job I completed ctc so maybe I could just use that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending