The Student Room Group

November 2023 Illegal Migration Intake Unit - Intake Response Team - Immigration Offi

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samual19
True it’s either some
Locations have more applications than others or they just working they way down a list of locations. What location did you apply For.
Compared to Border force I don’t think it’s as popular in terms Of people Applying main reason for this 1 you have to
Spend a lot of time away from Family during summer months and a lot of traveling may not suit everyone

I applied for Cardiff. They are probably low down the list do I may have a few months to wait!
Good luck though!
I've moved from driving licence check to Assessment Results Review. Does anyone know how long it's taken them to get an outcome from this stage?

Thanks in advance
Reply 82
Original post by undercover-strat
I've moved from driving licence check to Assessment Results Review. Does anyone know how long it's taken them to get an outcome from this stage?

Thanks in advance

Hi. Did you have an assessment for this job? I only had an interview and got told I’ve got a conditional offer.
Reply 83
Original post by Choward123
Hi. Did you have an assessment for this job? I only had an interview and got told I’ve got a conditional offer.

Psychometric and Written tests
Reply 84
Original post by Markdprit
Psychometric and Written tests

Yeah and me…the comment above was making me wonder as he’s waiting for assessment review

Just the Psychometric and Written tests.
I passed all of those and then had the interview.
How long after completing the interview were you given a conditional offer?
Reply 86
Just the Psychometric and Written tests.
I passed all of those and then had the interview.
How long after completing the interview were you given a conditional offer?

I had the interview on 1st December. The closing date was the 3rd and I got told on the 3rd jan
I had the interview on 1st December. The closing date was the 3rd and I got told on the 3rd jan

My timeline was quite similar to be fair as well. Had a text message on Tuesday saying they would be in contact shortly to arrange a face to face check of my IDs, have not heard anything since. Although I have had an email confirming they are commencing the relevant checks and it's registered with a company who are doing the checks.

Already had DBS certificate from last year and have CTC clearance as well.
Reply 88
Original post by Landingwalker83
My timeline was quite similar to be fair as well. Had a text message on Tuesday saying they would be in contact shortly to arrange a face to face check of my IDs, have not heard anything since. Although I have had an email confirming they are commencing the relevant checks and it's registered with a company who are doing the checks.

Already had DBS certificate from last year and have CTC clearance as well.

I have got my DBS in the post today but no other update or contact about my ID’s.
I hate not knowing haha
Reply 89

Thanks in advance

Yep a week ago it changed from drivers license check. Think everyone's processing then will be chosen in merit order
Reply 90
I've just had my provision offer of employment through today - I applied for Salford, Manchester. Just completed my onboarding info so hopefully everything goes through okay. I've already got clearance through the police so hopefully there shouldn't be any hiccups.
Reply 91
Original post by SLClegg
I've just had my provision offer of employment through today - I applied for Salford, Manchester. Just completed my onboarding info so hopefully everything goes through okay. I've already got clearance through the police so hopefully there shouldn't be any hiccups.

Hey mate how long did reply take. So far I'm 29 days in
Hi all, I have an offer for this role, and now I'm just waiting to complete my health screening before discussing a start date with the hiring manager.

I applied for London and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could transfer the role to another location? And does anyone know what the shift patterns are like?
Reply 93
Original post by undefined
Hey mate how long did reply take. So far I'm 29 days in

I interviewed on the 23rd of December!
Reply 94
Original post by SLClegg

Congratulations i also had my interview on the 23rd of December so either i failed or going to be on reserve list as they must have gave out all offers for Salford location today lol damn you home office another reserve list
Hi , well done.
How long did the onboarding take and the CTC?

Not long at all, maybe about a week or so after it was sent off.

I completed an internship with the CS in the summer of 2023. I had to undergo vetting as part of the program, and I think that's why mine came through so quickly.

For my internship, the vetting took around a month and a half, but it was fast tracked due to time constraints.
Reply 96
Original post by undefined
Not long at all, maybe about a week or so after it was sent off.

I completed an internship with the CS in the summer of 2023. I had to undergo vetting as part of the program, and I think that's why mine came through so quickly.

For my internship, the vetting took around a month and a half, but it was fast tracked due to time constraints.

Thanks. I was gonna say that’s so quick but makes sense if you have already had it done with them. Good luck in your new job 👍
Reply 97
Congratulations i also had my interview on the 23rd of December so either i failed or going to be on reserve list as they must have gave out all offers for Salford location today lol damn you home office another reserve list

You never know mate, depends how many they are taking on, so they could be dishing out offers all this week and next! Who knows! No news is always a good thing!
Reply 98
Original post by SLClegg
You never know mate, depends how many they are taking on, so they could be dishing out offers all this week and next! Who knows! No news is always a good thing!

Yes true I rang them and they said the same thing but I was also told because of staff shortages which is due to staff leaving or promotions they recruit twice a year so there are always jobs and the reserve list are not that big compared to border force jobs so fingers crossed for everyone who’s waiting
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 99
Yes true I rang them and they said the same thing but I was also told because of staff shortages which is due to staff leaving or promotions they recruit twice a year so they are always jobs and the reserve list are not that big compared to border force jobs so fingers crossed for everyone who’s waiting

When did you guys complete the interviews and good luck. Hope we all get there..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending