The Student Room Group

What if my predicted grades are lower than what I will achieve?

I'm really depressed.. My predicted grades are very bad (A,B,B,D) my first two choices are Kings, and Queen Marys and they ask for AAA / AAB If they don't give me an offer for now because of my predicted grades (I'm sure they won't) what will happen? But they are not my final A-level results.. So, do I still have a chance? like maybe I can get AAA in the last exam. (we still have 6 months)
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Boorann
I'm really depressed.. My predicted grades are very bad (A,B,B,D) my first two choices are Kings, and Queen Marys and they ask for AAA / AAB If they don't give me an offer for now because of my predicted grades (I'm sure they won't) what will happen? But they are not my final A-level results.. So, do I still have a chance? like maybe I can get AAA in the last exam. (we still have 6 months)

Clearing or a gap year?
Original post by Boorann

If a university turns you down that usually will be it and you need to look elsewhere. Universities are able to make offers so you can reach up. If the university has declined to do this they believe they can achieve their numbers The so probably wont end up in clearing. Your only other way to get in would be apply with your actual grades the following year.

You might however find a university will make you a reach offer for their standard grades and then if you reach those you will get accepted.

The real question here is why are you taking 4 subjects. You are struggling to achieve the necessary grades and are wasting your time studying a 4th subject which are not doing particularly well in. The general advice is to concentrate on 3 subjects. Universities only look at 3 subjects. Concentrate on getting 3 really good grades. That will help you get into a university far more than wasting time on your 4th subject. The extra time spent on 3 will hopefully improve your other grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending