The Student Room Group

What did you do after dropping out of uni?

I've decided to drop out of my English Literature course, mainly because I don't know what I would do with it, and think I would regret committing to it at the end. I'm considering applying for a different course in a year or so.
I basically just wanted to ask anyone else: what did you do if you didn't go to uni? I don't want to commit to an apprenticeship, as I might go back to study in a few years, but I have applied for a few retail jobs and am going to interviews. I just wondered what other opportunities are out there and what other people have done
I'm in Liverpool if that helps - thanks to anyone who responds :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by evar_16
I've decided to drop out of my English Literature course, mainly because I don't know what I would do with it, and think I would regret committing to it at the end. I'm considering applying for a different course in a year or so.
I basically just wanted to ask anyone else: what did you do if you didn't go to uni? I don't want to commit to an apprenticeship, as I might go back to study in a few years, but I have applied for a few retail jobs and am going to interviews. I just wondered what other opportunities are out there and what other people have done
I'm in Liverpool if that helps - thanks to anyone who responds :smile:

I dropped out too, and I had a fast food job so sticked there but also got a business apprentice, it's a year less than my uni course and I prefer it because I feel like I can see more rewards from my effort straight away. But doing both meant I had good money coming in. Liverpool being a city there's more opportunity there than other places, I know you're thinking about going back but honestly id recommend at least having a look at apprenticeships or going for interviews!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending