The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Computer Science 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wowvain
One test with 35 questions.
Went with this. They do say preparation is not necessary, which it is not as the exam is logic/general reasoning based. However, the practice exam should help you get familiar with the style of questions. Here’s hoping I can generalise to the real thing…
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Where do you find your UCL id?
Original post by Anonymous #28
Where do you find your UCL id?
should be on your portico login or on emails they sent you
What materials are anyone using to prepare for the STAT? I've been finding it difficult to find practise tests online. Does anyone recommend any online courses that they could find?
Original post by Anonymous #29
What materials are anyone using to prepare for the STAT? I've been finding it difficult to find practise tests online. Does anyone recommend any online courses that they could find?
You aren't meant to, as outlined by the email they sent out. It's not a content based exam, rather a logic/reasoning one afaik. There is a sample paper that can be purchased for £13, which is pretty useful to get a sense of what they might ask. Not too sure on this either.
Can anyone please send the sample questions here or to me privately. I would appreciate it greatly
Original post by Anonymous #20
Can anyone please send the sample questions here or to me privately. I would appreciate it greatly

it is not a document that could be sent. Only one question displayed at a time on screen.
Original post by Anonymous #25
it is not a document that could be sent. Only one question displayed at a time on screen.
Do you think its worth it to buy the question pack? Are the questions there similar to the sample questions they provided?
Good luck on the exam
While booking my test, are those test timings in London time or my time because I'm an international student?
Original post by Anonymous #10
While booking my test, are those test timings in London time or my time because I'm an international student?

I think they are. In BST.
Original post by OCAI234
I think they are. In BST.

Thank you
Do you think its worth it to buy the question pack? Are the questions there similar to the sample questions they provided?
Good luck on the exam
I think it's worth to spend £13 on the sample paper - the format of the questions is not usual - it's good to have a trial.
Good luck on the exam

It's good to give you an idea on what the test will be like. However, since it's an aptitude test, the question pack can't be used for "revision" really. So if you want to get an idea of the structure and feel of STAT, sure. Also, good luck!
im in london what time zone do i pick when booking for the test?
Original post by 2097AL-seric
im in london what time zone do i pick when booking for the test?

In acer stat website before it redirects u to ur proctor U login, in the page where it shows you
1. Payment status
2. Test details
3. Purchases
Under test details it also shows time zone. You will have book your test according to that time.
Reply 155
i've bought the additional question pack for £13, can I use it more than once to practice or is it limited? does anyone know
you can use it as much as you want vro
Reply 157
Original post by Anonymous
you can use it as much as you want vro

thanks!
Hello, I've been trying to do the equipment test on the guardian browser, for some reason it just doesn't pick up my camera or Microphone, does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Is anyone doing the test today? If could you please share your experience?
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending