The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lottelo
But if UCAS was an immediate process (if you got the responses from all the universities next day for example), if would be a lot less painful . . .

True...but I still don't mind the waiting (too much, that is. I'd rather wait lots and get lots of offers than not wait and get a bunch of rejections). Checking track has become my new hobby...it gives me something to do. :rolleyes: (How lame).
london_bum
True...but I still don't mind the waiting (too much, that is. I'd rather wait lots and get lots of offers than not wait and get a bunch of rejections). Checking track has become my new hobby...it gives me something to do. :rolleyes: (How lame).

my track is so depressing . . . :frown:
Lottelo
my track is so depressing . . . :frown:

Aw! If you check it enough though, you kinda get used to it. At first, the little 'Unsuccesful' next to Cambridge really bugged me...but now...I can look at it without my heart sinking.
london_bum
Aw! If you check it enough though, you kinda get used to it. At first, the little 'Unsuccesful' next to Cambridge really bugged me...but now...I can look at it without my heart sinking.

I hate looking at track now. I'm getting incredibly fed up of waiting. I've actually turned off email updates so that I can reduce the number of updates. The worst one though is UCL. I could either hear from them through UCAS (offer w/o interview/or rejection). Thus, I am checking the post like mad!

I can't believe that I could still be checking UCAS track during study leave!
london_bum

Except, when I check track now, its out of fear; I fear those grey letters are going to pop up next to LSE . . . its not hope of an offer; its trepidation of a rejection. I now dread checking my track.
Reply 45
I know I'm checking track too often when:

I know even the track password by heart

I can't help checking on Sundays even when I know nothing could have changed

I check twice in the space of 10 minutes

emily87

Well, I do all three!
emily87

I knew the password within a day; and regularly do the other two. Is that wrong?
I used to do them all, oh well.
Reply 49
tomcoolinguk
I knew the password within a day; and regularly do the other two. Is that wrong?

well i was lazy for ages and kept pasting it from a txt file!
Reply 50
Mine kinda spells something rude and funny :smile:

Easy to remember...
Mine's boring :frown: I memorised it after 5 minutes...

Have Bristol handed out any rejections yet? I really think it's about time they did...
No..... just looked at the UCL law soc pics from last years fresher's week.... :mad: so badly want to go!
Reply 53
anyone have any idea roughly what proportion of warwick applications have been answered so far?
emily87
anyone have any idea roughly what proportion of warwick applications have been answered so far?

As far I can see Warwick have made a large number of offers and then rejected everyone apart from a core of people with 7A*+. I only know of a few exceptions- e.g. myself. I have a feeling I only got an offer sooner because my form teacher- in light of a girl with 1a* etc getting an offer first- rang them to complain. I could be wrong of course though, but doubt it! My gut feeling- based on the overall high quality of those waiting for Warwick is that they will all get offers.

Whilst not wanting to rain on the parade of those with offers, I feel that those waiting on TSR- e.g. Lillith and Emily- are amongst the strongest applicants nationally, so clearly their admissions process is quite tactical.
Reply 55
tomcoolinguk
so clearly their admissions process is quite tactical.

tactical? how? all they are succeeding in doing is really really annoying me :secruity:
emily87
tactical? how? all they are succeeding in doing is really really annoying me :secruity:

Well yes, but tactical in that they hope those with offers feel a greater sense of achievement than they should, and the hope that those with Cam offers etc, decline them and thus reduce the number of offers they make which makes them look like a more competitive course. My form teacher says such games are quite common with top unis.

I personally think it sucks.
I think law admissions suck in general
Lottelo
I think law admissions suck in general

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:
Durham admissions tutor to my friend from a local school with 4 AS scores over 290- 'Ideally we'd like to know all candidates UMS scores'. She says 'fine mine were...'. His response 'well we can't assume they're better than other candidates scores...'
M@255
How many offers do you have? Is Warwick your first choice?

Lol... Emily has a Cam offer! And from Downing :mad: but fortunately she's nice :smile: and got the joint highest score on the LNAT :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending