The Student Room Group

Oxford Biology Interview

Hi I have recieved an interview for Biology at New, are there any reccomendations for online tuition or the details of some current students who would be able to help me prepare for my interview. Thanks for any help.
Original post by kavika
Hi I have recieved an interview for Biology at New, are there any reccomendations for online tuition or the details of some current students who would be able to help me prepare for my interview. Thanks for any help.

@Scotney please could you tell the OP how you helped your son prep for his biology interviews at Oxford?
Reply 2
Original post by kavika

Hi there.My son took biology at Oxford.We prepped by me basically landing things in front of him such as a plant,a bulb,a tomato cut in half,pictures such a bird in a tree and making him talk about them out loud.I would ask open ended questions such as what can you tell me about this plant and then depending upon his answer try and get him to develop his answer.Also same with graphs.Son had all the biological knowledge he just needed to practice his thinking outloud.Hopefully one of your parents might oblige and do the same.
For the bird picture I would ask him to tell me anything he could about the picture.Hopefully he would get shape of beak indicates what type of food the bird eats and what that might be ,also look at feet ,feathers ,colouring .
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kavika

Spires are a reputable firm.
Reply 4
Original post by Scotney

Hi there.My son took biology at Oxford.We prepped by me basically landing things in front of him such as a plant,a bulb,a tomato cut in half,pictures such a bird in a tree and making him talk about them out loud.I would ask open ended questions such as what can you tell me about this plant and then depending upon his answer try and get him to develop his answer.Also same with graphs.Son had all the biological knowledge he just needed to practice his thinking outloud.Hopefully one of your parents might oblige and do the same.
For the bird picture I would ask him to tell me anything he could about the picture.Hopefully he would get shape of beak indicates what type of food the bird eats and what that might be ,also look at feet ,feathers ,colouring .

Thank you! I'll try this with my family

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending