The Student Room Group

optometry preliminary year cardiff

Hey i am thinking of applying to optometry preliminary year at cardiff,on their website it says they need a maximum of one science subject does this mean of you do two science subjects you cant apply?? PLEASE HELP i would apply for the normal course but my predicted grades are abb
Original post by hiijsbsh
Hey i am thinking of applying to optometry preliminary year at cardiff,on their website it says they need a maximum of one science subject does this mean of you do two science subjects you cant apply?? PLEASE HELP i would apply for the normal course but my predicted grades are abb

That is very odd considering they want two sciences for the standard course :confused:. I suspect it is an error and should say 'minimum' but I would e-mail or call the uni to check. The contact details are on the course page.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw

That is very odd considering they want two sciences for the standard course :confused:. I suspect it is an error and should say 'minimum' but I would e-mail or call the uni to check. The contact details are on the course page.

thank u i hope it is a mistake,will be emailing just in case
Reply 3

Yes, i went to the Cardiff Optom open day and they mentioned the foundation year course. You cant apply to the foundation year if you have more than one science. The foundation year is only for people who do 1 science
Reply 4
Original post by JKR990

Yes, i went to the Cardiff Optom open day and they mentioned the foundation year course. You cant apply to the foundation year if you have more than one science. The foundation year is only for people who do 1 science

oh fr are u sure ?
Reply 5
oh fr are u sure ?

Yes, their website is not a typo. If youre looking for a foundation course that would allow 2 science alevels, city uni of london has one
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest