The Student Room Group

EY apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!

I didn't apply because their communication system is really bad which put me off. They supposedly have SCHOOL students online events to get to know them but then they ask for your university 😕

For Technology they ask you which sector you want to work in without explaining what Technology sector it corresponds to. I e-mailed them for both issues and they sent an automated reply only answering one question very badly. I couldn't reply directly, I could only write another e-mail using some reference number (so there was no chain) and they only ever replied to one issue without actually answering 😖

It was extremely frustrating and utterly pointless. But I could NEVER, ever imagine that they would mess up people's applications 😲🤯
Reply 21
Original post by BreadForce
Good luck everyone!

I didn't apply because their communication system is really bad which put me off. They supposedly have SCHOOL students online events to get to know them but then they ask for your university 😕

For Technology they ask you which sector you want to work in without explaining what Technology sector it corresponds to. I e-mailed them for both issues and they sent an automated reply only answering one question very badly. I couldn't reply directly, I could only write another e-mail using some reference number (so there was no chain) and they only ever replied to one issue without actually answering 😖

It was extremely frustrating and utterly pointless. But I could NEVER, ever imagine that they would mess up people's applications 😲🤯

Honestly horrific support system. You try to phone them and it’s useless. Rly rly bad - definitely putting me off a bit.
Reply 22
Good luck everyone!

ey have left me on hold even after they rejected me mistakenly so now I have to chase them it so embarrassing
Original post by ma937
ey have left me on hold even after they rejected me mistakenly so now I have to chase them it so embarrassing

That's terrible. So if you manage to get a 1-1 or video interview (I don't know the process) and they ask you why EY I can't possibly imagine how candidates can keep a straight face after what they've been through. At least count it as another opportunity to practise your online tests.
Reply 24
That's terrible. So if you manage to get a 1-1 or video interview (I don't know the process) and they ask you why EY I can't possibly imagine how candidates can keep a straight face after what they've been through. At least count it as another opportunity to practise your online tests.

yeppp it been rlly bad tbh even when I call them they usually give me a dead response that anyone could make it up, it really seems they are not taking it serious this year and it shows
Original post by ma937
yeppp it been rlly bad tbh even when I call them they usually give me a dead response that anyone could make it up, it really seems they are not taking it serious this year and it shows

I actually e-mailed them last March so they haven't suddenly deteriorated.
Original post by ma937
it pretty simple just some ranking questions a bit of maths and verbal at the end there is a video interview and asking u questions about ey and ur chosen field

How many questions did you have to do for your video interview? EY themselves say 3 but I’ve heard people have to answer 10?
Reply 27
Original post by walkinginblood
How many questions did you have to do for your video interview? EY themselves say 3 but I’ve heard people have to answer 10?

it been a while but i think it was 5 questions
Original post by ma937
it been a while but i think it was 5 questions

Thanks, do you remember any of them? I know there’s one about balancing work and study, and one about why EY, potentially an office location related one but I’m unsure?
Reply 29
Thanks, do you remember any of them? I know there’s one about balancing work and study, and one about why EY, potentially an office location related one but I’m unsure?

tbh it sooo longg now i cant even remember. But defo practice EY values and add it to each question it the best method for me
Reply 30
Original post by ma937
tbh it sooo longg now i cant even remember. But defo practice EY values and add it to each question it the best method for me

Hey, I'm curious about EY's application process as I'm currently prepping for the online assessment now. What service line and sector did you apply for and did you end up receiving an offer for just the AC or a DA offer from EY?
Original post by varunbandi.706
Assurance business apprenticeship and for Luton location.

Do you remember the video interview questions they asked?
Reply 32
Original post by Maryah04
Hey, I'm curious about EY's application process as I'm currently prepping for the online assessment now. What service line and sector did you apply for and did you end up receiving an offer for just the AC or a DA offer from EY?

I applied for the assurance programme and got an AC shortlist still waiting for dates, saying they would get bak to me after christamas leave
Original post by Hzhahajjs277
Do you remember the video interview questions they asked?

I applied for a different service line but it was just ‘why EY’ and ‘how will you keep motivated balancing work/study commitments’? Hope this helps :smile:
I applied for a different service line but it was just ‘why EY’ and ‘how will you keep motivated balancing work/study commitments’? Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks. Is this for the assurance one? Or do you think they ask these questions for every service line?
Original post by ma937
i did the same 1 as u but in london

Which questions were asked in the video interview? Would be really appreciated.
Reply 36
Can you apply to more than one apprenticeship at EY?
Original post by tantamount-puris
Thanks. Is this for the assurance one? Or do you think they ask these questions for every service line?

I applied for consulting, I’d assume they’re the same but I can’t say for certain
Anyone else who got this?! "We are currently shortlisting candidates and will shortly be in touch as to whether you have been successful in securing a place on our EY Experience Day. We will send you an invite via email to confirm this and details of the event."
Reply 39
Original post by _.faraaaz_
Anyone else who got this?! "We are currently shortlisting candidates and will shortly be in touch as to whether you have been successful in securing a place on our EY Experience Day. We will send you an invite via email to confirm this and details of the event."

Yhhh got that a while go and still waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending