The Student Room Group

Law interview question?

Hi guys, hypothetically if they ask me which book I've read lately, can I just mention this short book which is a collection of essays? Will it be looked at badly cuz a) its short b) I should have done wider reading?
Reply 1
which book? is it from A very short introduction series?
Reply 2
Original post by Genesiss
which book? is it from A very short introduction series?

Along the lines of The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gillman or Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solni
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Along the lines of The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gillman or Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solni

oh ok i'm not familiar with those. wiki says that second source is 130 pages. that's only slightly shorter than Only Words by Catharine MacKinnon which is a fine read. no don't worry about the length. just wanted to check you weren't using those summaries of law books instead of the original text. ykwim? hope so cuz it's virtually impossible to type on tsr atm
Reply 4
if youre applying for law you should talk about sources written by legal scholars tho. do those authors have a legal background?
Reply 5
Original post by Genesiss
oh ok i'm not familiar with those. wiki says that second source is 130 pages. that's only slightly shorter than Only Words by Catharine MacKinnon which is a fine read. no don't worry about the length. just wanted to check you weren't using those summaries of law books instead of the original text. ykwim? hope so cuz it's virtually impossible to type on tsr atm

No no, I have read those. Maybe I should go with something more analytical because afaik, it shouldn't have to be legal but just analytical (based on Ox mock interview videos). Do you have any suggestions in the realm of contract law or jurisprudence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending