The Student Room Group

Migrant worker maintenance loan

Dear Student Finance,

I am currently a 2nd year student with Tuition fee loan. As I have pre-settled status, I would like to apply for a Maintenance loan as a migrant worker. I work at a cafe for around 15-18 hours a week making 600-850 pounds per month. Would I be eligible?

If I want to apply, should I mention in my application that I am an independent student? Do I still need to declare my mom's salary?

Thank you so much for your answers.
Reply 1
Original post by dominikdangel
Dear Student Finance,

I am currently a 2nd year student with Tuition fee loan. As I have pre-settled status, I would like to apply for a Maintenance loan as a migrant worker. I work at a cafe for around 15-18 hours a week making 600-850 pounds per month. Would I be eligible?

If I want to apply, should I mention in my application that I am an independent student? Do I still need to declare my mom's salary?

Forgot to ask, do I need to mention in my re-application that I still want tuition fee loan although I already received one? Thanks
Dear Student Finance,

Hi Dominik,

Can you confirm when you arrived in the UK? When does your course normally start?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Dominik,

Can you confirm when you arrived in the UK? When does your course normally start?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
I moved to the UK before university, in 2022. My course started in September 2022.
Further, I was accepted to the role in August - it's all documented through an email, but signed the contract in September as there were some delays on the side of the employer. Would I be eligible for a maintenance loan for the first term too?
Thank you.
Hi Claire,
I moved to the UK before university, in 2022. My course started in September 2022.
Further, I was accepted to the role in August - it's all documented through an email, but signed the contract in September as there were some delays on the side of the employer. Would I be eligible for a maintenance loan for the first term too?
Thank you.

We wouldn't be able to confirm this till we receive your evidence and team review this. The quicker we receive this the quicker we can let you know.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending