Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Current Edinburgh Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipulledhermione

Where are you now?!

I live near London.
I graduated last year so haven't lived in Edinburgh since last August. I now have a lovely grown up life as a teacher but haunt this thread to pretend I'm still at Edinburgh :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Great success - due to a monumental effort on my part, I have finished my essay, so can now enjoy the weather. Or get drunk. Or both.
Had my final classes ever today. And submitted my dissertation. So just that other essay, and some other rolling assessments to do. And some work before my exams.
Another one for the 'stuck inside finishing an essay I should have done weeks ago' pile :frown:. Ah well, it'll all be done by tomorrow :grin:.
Reply 984
I am jsut lightly drunk. Went to a pub quiz and woon wheeeeeeeeeee. Nit good when /i wake up in morning for rest of report nto be doine.Whooooooooops
also "teh drunks"

reporting in
kickin in da front seat
sittin in da back seat

gotta make my mind up WTF SEAT SCAN I TAKE
Fffffffffff which seat
II'm not drunk.

Even if I was i'm still a bit awesome to mis-type my emotions :suith:
Reply 989
weather's a ****
(edited 13 years ago)
Finished with term! :biggrin:

I've also started sorting out my project for next year. I'm well excited. \o/
I hope you all appreciate the addition to this thread's name.
I'm so cool :smile:
Done! Thank bloody God.
Has the name changed on this thread? Looks wrong.

I liked the old one better :/

Edit: aha oxymoronic! Y u do dat? :frown:

Has the name changed on this thread? Looks wrong.

I liked the old one better :/

Edit: aha oxymoronic! Y u do dat? :frown:

Because the name of the thread is misleading... if its for current (and ex) students then it needs to say so as this thread isn't for the applicants benefit, its for the people who are already here. They have more than enough to keep them going on the threads front.
Reply 995
Original post by oxymoronic
x

I like the clarification in the name :smile:
Not happy.

MyEd is down till midnight and there is no other way of accessing the alumni email service, unlike the sms one etc. Even the applicants get another way of getting onto their track - its not like UCAS exists for this purpose???

I'm hoping to have received an email inviting me to an interview in a school on Thursday. Reading it tomorrow evening instead of this evening will be too late :frown:
Not happy.

MyEd is down till midnight and there is no other way of accessing the alumni email service, unlike the sms one etc. Even the applicants get another way of getting onto their track - its not like UCAS exists for this purpose???

I'm hoping to have received an email inviting me to an interview in a school on Thursday. Reading it tomorrow evening instead of this evening will be too late :frown:

I think myed is supposed to come back on at midnight,
if I remember correctly. Can you not just stay up/read your emails tomorrow morning?

And in future, maybe it's worth setting up your email to download to a mail client?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by nearlyheadlessian

Original post by nearlyheadlessian
I think myed is supposed to come back on at midnight, if I remember correctly. Can you not just read your emails tomorrow morning?

And in future, maybe it's worth setting up your email to download to a mail client?

Yeah I can, but I'm always in a rush out the door to get to school anyway so putting the computer on would just add more time to it. Its the sort of emails that if I get one, I then need to reply to them and think about other things such as travel and lesson plans. Gah. Stupid email. I use my Edinburgh one rather than gmail/hotmail to make myself look all academic and intelligent, then it conspires against me.

I've tried to do that now but I think because the entire thing is down I can't set it up right now. I thought I'd found the most amazing solution ever and was praising myself on my technological competence but noooooooo.
Yeah I can, but I'm always in a rush out the door to get to school anyway so putting the computer on would just add more time to it.

In that case, young lady, you need to get up earlier!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending