The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Current Edinburgh Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pedrobear
I am/was not... was asleep when you posted.

yusoparanoid4? :smug:

There was a guy sitting opposite me who kept looking at me and he had blond hair. I've forgotton what you look like (i'm awful with faces) and thought maybe it was you. . . Hows revision
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ipulledhermione
There was a guy sitting opposite me who kept looking at me and he had blond hair. I've forgotton what you look like (i'm awful with faces) and thought maybe it was you. . . Hows revision

Ahaha. Not blonde. Revision is bad today, fell asleep earlier and just spent 2 hours in KFC to get out of the rain... orz.

P.S. are you in Greats?
Ahaha. Not blonde. Revision is bad today, fell asleep earlier and just spent 2 hours in KFC to get out of the rain... orz.

P.S. are you in Greats?

Greats? :confused:

Mhm KFC, i'm sure you promised to get me one of those not so long ago. Omnomnon.
Did anyone else here take History of Art 1 this year? I'm sure I've seen people on TSR talk about the course, can't remember if anyone on this thread is or not.
Greats? :confused:

Mhm KFC, i'm sure you promised to get me one of those not so long ago. Omnomnon.

Nevermind, thought you were doing philosophy for some reason.

Sounds more like you're trying to deceive me into a date, hermione. :teehee: Is this how you treat every mysterious stranger who you've enslaved into retrieving library books for you?

I'm too smart to let you pull me into your cave and devour me like the rest, foul witch :pierre:
Nevermind, thought you were doing philosophy for some reason.

Sounds more like you're trying to deceive me into a date, hermione. :teehee: Is this how you treat every mysterious stranger who you've enslaved into retrieving library books for you?

I'm too smart to let you pull me into your cave and devour me like the rest, foul witch :pierre:

pull? Devour? No need to put a gloss over it, i'll simply smack you acorss the head with a club and drag you back to my cave before proceeding to rape your brains out. It'll be fun.

:pierre: any objections?
pull? Devour? No need to put a gloss over it, i'll simply smack you acorss the head with a club and drag you back to my cave before proceeding to rape your brains out. It'll be fun.

:pierre: any objections?

...you seemed like such a pleasant girl in the library :puppyeyes:
I haven't had the courage to enter the library, how is it at the moment?
Original post by StephenNeill

The intesity is dying down but still full as ****

Pretty bad unless you get there before 9am.
Pretty bad unless you get there before 9am.

The intesity is dying down but still full as ****

Oh man. I've been hiding out at home, maybe I'll attempt doing some work there tomorrow. I work much better in the evening though, do people leave around 5 or 6ish?

Either that or I'll watch cartoons and Jeremy Kyle all day.
:charm:

Oh man. I've been hiding out at home, maybe I'll attempt doing some work there tomorrow. I work much better in the evening though, do people leave around 5 or 6ish?

I used to do that if I had something on in the morning.
If its anything like last year, there's no real point going if you're not there by 8.30-9am then these people usually head home around 5 or 6ish, so then is a good time to come and find somewhere for the evening 'slot'. I used to get there for 8am every day last year and the 3rd floor was filling up fairly fast.
Alternatively, go at around 3am and you can have loads of space to yourself :smile:

You could try one of the subject libraries? I used to go to New College or Old College library if I wanted it at odd times. Depending on your subject they might not have the books you'd want though whereas I could usually do okay, particularly in New College as they had books I wanted and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay prettier than the main library.
Original post by oxymoronic
You could try one of the subject libraries? I used to go to New College or Old College library if I wanted it at odd times. Depending on your subject they might not have the books you'd want though whereas I could usually do okay, particularly in New College as they had books I wanted and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay prettier than the main library.

Yeah, I tried New College last year. I have a friend doing divinity (don't get me started) and let me borrow her card to get me into the library. It's amazing in there!
Top of DHT is good too, and so is KB. But I do like the kind of "social" side of the GS library, you do meet people there and have a gossip.
I'm still hoping for my own TSR-encounter in there one day. I'll just have to become "TSR famous" like all of you! :smile:

Thanks for the advice though, I'm probs going to try tomorrow evening as I can't face an early morning push.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by daeonica
Did anyone else here take History of Art 1 this year? I'm sure I've seen people on TSR talk about the course, can't remember if anyone on this thread is or not.

Yes i did! Exam worry?
I don't go in the main library during exams, new college library (even if i'm not a divinity student) is much nicer, as is the central library (fewer people studying).

Coffee shops are pleasant to.

Yeah, I tried New College last year. I have a friend doing divinity (don't get me started) and let me borrow her card to get me into the library. It's amazing in there!
Top of DHT is good too, and so is KB. But I do like the kind of "social" side of the GS library, you do meet people there and have a gossip.
I'm still hoping for my own TSR-encounter in there one day. I'll just have to become "TSR famous" like all of you! :smile:

Thanks for the advice though, I'm probs going to try tomorrow evening as I can't face an early morning push.

You can use any card to get into any of the libraries, you don't need to be a specific divinity student to get into New College etc. There are some libraries where you need to have specific access rights, but it isn't one of them. The main issue I had was trying to pretend I knew what I was doing finding books etc when I'd never been before as I didn't want to ask for help.

I'm only "TSR famous" in actual Edinburgh to NHI and artorscience? and I don't think they'd class it as that :p:
Original post by lizfairy
Yes i did! Exam worry?

Yes :frown: I just feel like there is sooo much stuff they could ask us about, and to be honest my notes for it kind of suck. I found it really hard in the lectures to sift through what was important/useful and what was just background information. And it kind of sucks that the past paper doesn't actually show the images.
Really not looking forward to spending three hours trying to write essays for this one :frown:
Original post by lizfairy
I don't go in the main library during exams, new college library (even if i'm not a divinity student) is much nicer, as is the central library (fewer people studying).

Coffee shops are pleasant to.

This!!! Starbucks is brilliant for studying. I love Grindhouse on Nicholson St. for revising as well, it's got a nice ambience (no, I'm not advertising for them). :suith:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by daeonica
Yes :frown: I just feel like there is sooo much stuff they could ask us about, and to be honest my notes for it kind of suck. I found it really hard in the lectures to sift through what was important/useful and what was just background information. And it kind of sucks that the past paper doesn't actually show the images.
Really not looking forward to spending three hours trying to write essays for this one :frown:

I got most of the key image information from the internet tbh.
I think we're really lucky that we have the key images, last year apparently they didn't! Which scares me... I learn't all the key images, I just need to go through lecture notes after my exam on friday.

My plan-learn all key images (done), study two subjects from each semester in a a little more depth, i.e. wikipedia, going through the lecture notes there are whilst viewing the slides.

I'm concentrating on islamic art and early christian from semester one, netherlandish and renaissance in semester two. I'm pretty much ditching baroque and chinese art, minus the key images.

I think the key images provide a hint as to how the exam will be?
This!!! Starbucks is brilliant for studying. I love Grindhouse on Nicholson St. for revising as well, it's got a nice ambience (no, I'm not advertising for them). :suith:

I was in starbucks at the weekend with a writer's group, and actually got so much done! I was pleasantly surprised, I think I'll have to try this 'studying away from the flat' more often.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending