The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Current Edinburgh Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

How was everyone's Christmas Day :smile:?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Emmie3303

My Christmas Day was better than Edinburgh's performance on University Challenge.... twas not good!! I hope Warwick lose the final.
Original post by oxymoronic
My Christmas Day was better than Edinburgh's performance on University Challenge.... twas not good!! I hope Warwick lose the final.

Oh I saw that too! That lady in the Warwick team just seemed to know everything. Do you know who else is in the final :smile:?

Oh I saw that too! That lady in the Warwick team just seemed to know everything. Do you know who else is in the final :smile:?

I said that - if Warwick got rid of that lady then it maybe Edinburgh would have had a chance to redeem themselves a wee bit.

No, the other semi final was an Oxford college versus a Cambridge college but I don't know who won because I didn't see it. I only watched the other one because it was Edinburgh. Hopefully either of those two should beat Warwick!
Original post by oxymoronic
I said that - if Warwick got rid of that lady then it maybe Edinburgh would have had a chance to redeem themselves a wee bit.

No, the other semi final was an Oxford college versus a Cambridge college but I don't know who won because I didn't see it. I only watched the other one because it was Edinburgh. Hopefully either of those two should beat Warwick!

Let's hope so! I think it was Trinity. They also had a guy who got all the starter questions really quickly.

A food-filled joy :biggrin:

Yours?
Original post by nessiehibs
A food-filled joy :biggrin:

Yours?

Same :grin:.

Christmas food is the best thing ever! We've still got Turkey in the fridge. I've got enough chocolate to last me until February :p:.

Not too bad. :smile: Had lots of lovely cheese and spent the day with my friend so neither of us were alone.
Original post by Rainfaery
Not too bad. :smile: Had lots of lovely cheese and spent the day with my friend so neither of us were alone.

That sounds lovely :smile:. You can't beat Christmas for good food :p:.
Hope you're all enjoying your wind! 103 mph in Edinburgh according to the BBC.
That's insane! We've only got gusts of 61mph where I am so I suppose we're lucky :p:.
It was mental, trees/bins all over the place.
The wind blew lots of slates off the roofs.

Also have to go down to Bristol for an interview, eeek!
Same :grin:.

Christmas food is the best thing ever! We've still got Turkey in the fridge. I've got enough chocolate to last me until February :p:.

Same, but I dare say it'll be eaten way before then :P
Same, but I dare say it'll be eaten way before then :P

:grin:

I've actually eaten most of it now :p:.
Reply 1795
The silly moment when you get overexcited when lab sign ups go online, you sign up to your labs, THEN read the email which includes the lab timetable for other modules, then realised you've created a clash, then have the email the course organiser feeling awfully silly with yourself :getmecoat:

I've actually eaten most of it now :p:.

Tut tut :tongue:

I haven't unpacked my xmas stuff yet - it just lies in a messy corner. :rolleyes:
Tut tut :tongue:

I haven't unpacked my xmas stuff yet - it just lies in a messy corner. :rolleyes:

Me and my brother get 8 cans of coke every year and he drinks them all in a few days. Mine tend to last until February so I sell some of mine to him when he runs out :p:.

We leave messy piles of Christmas stuff in the living room until the tree get's taken away and then we have to move it :p:.
Reply 1799
Hi,

I'm studying abroad at Edinburgh for a semester and I missed lecture today due to illness and was wondering if I needed to email my professor or if I should just go to class tomorrow and apologize if she mentions it? It says to email your tutor if you miss tutorial, but it doesn't say anything about what to do if you miss lecture. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending