The Student Room Group

Undergrad Oxford Chemistry interview concerns

So I got an interview invite! Lucky me. I'm really grateful. I'm also a bit worried. Do they typically ask questions in other subjects you sit (i.e Biology/Physics). Also, I'm also a gap year student (so i did my a levels last year and picked up 2 new ones). I've mostly been focusing on the AS content though. I'm worried they'll ask about the A2 content which I'm not as familiar in.

Anyways I'm gonna spend the weekend brushing up so wish me the best of luck. Any advice you have would be much appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I got an interview invite! Lucky me. I'm really grateful. I'm also a bit worried. Do they typically ask questions in other subjects you sit (i.e Biology/Physics). Also, I'm also a gap year student (so i did my a levels last year and picked up 2 new ones). I've mostly been focusing on the AS content though. I'm worried they'll ask about the A2 content which I'm not as familiar in.

Anyways I'm gonna spend the weekend brushing up so wish me the best of luck. Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

You're expected to be questioned on any of the A-Level Chemistry specification topics:

Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry, together with Mathematics for Chemistry.

Also, you could be asked questions on Biological Chemistry and Physics, which are presented in a chemical context.

So you really need to review your A-Level Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology notes. 🙂
Original post by thegeek888
You're expected to be questioned on any of the A-Level Chemistry specification topics:

Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry, together with Mathematics for Chemistry.

Also, you could be asked questions on Biological Chemistry and Physics, which are presented in a chemical context.

So you really need to review your A-Level Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology notes. 🙂

All of those other than physics should be good. I only picked up physics this year (to do in one year) and I haven't made very much progress yet which is worrying. Same with maths (Though I'm doing better there!). Hopefully, they stick to chemistry and maths because that's what I'm best at.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm the person who made the post. I hadn't intended for it to be on anonymous to begin with. I must clicked it by accident.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending