The Student Room Group

Dec 7 2023 Home office Presenting Officer HEO

How long does sift take for the position of presenting Officer ALAR Home Officer HEO or can anyone care to share there experience from the applicant to the date the commenced work
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kevin26
How long does sift take for the position of presenting Officer ALAR Home Officer HEO or can anyone care to share there experience from the applicant to the date the commenced work

Hi, I applied for the same role as well. Still waiting for a response from them. Have you heard anything back? The did say interviews will commence w/k beginning 8th Jan. So about 3weeks left.
Reply 2
Hi Memie,

Thank you for you response and just reaching out.

No Memie, I have not heard a response. Yes interviews are scheduled for 8 Jan onwards. I am really doing my best to be patient and to look out with hope for an invitation letter to the interview - hence my post. From other previous post it’s sounds like a lengthy process - getting a job at the Home Office. Just really praying to be selected for the interview, I am really keen and interested in the PO position.

Once again thank you for responding.
Reply 3
Original post by Kevin26
Hi Memie,

Thank you for you response and just reaching out.

No Memie, I have not heard a response. Yes interviews are scheduled for 8 Jan onwards. I am really doing my best to be patient and to look out with hope for an invitation letter to the interview - hence my post. From other previous post it’s sounds like a lengthy process - getting a job at the Home Office. Just really praying to be selected for the interview, I am really keen and interested in the PO position.

Once again thank you for responding.

Hey, what area did you apply for? I haven’t heard back from them either… I hope we hear back from them soon 😕
Reply 4
Original post by Emanniiii
Hey, what area did you apply for? I haven’t heard back from them either… I hope we hear back from them soon 😕

Hi Emanniiii,

I applied for - Customer Service Group - Appeals, Litigation and Administrative Review (ALAR) - Presenting Officer position
Reply 5
Original post by Kevin26
Hi Emanniiii,

I applied for - Customer Service Group - Appeals, Litigation and Administrative Review (ALAR) - Presenting Officer position

Oh alright same. I put my preferred location in LONDON.

From some of the posts i have seen, people have waited for months after their interview to hear anything back which is ridiculous. I’m impatient enough at this stage yet alone after the interview lol.

Do you know how we could prep for the interview in the meantime.
Reply 6
Oh alright same. I put my preferred location in LONDON.

From some of the posts i have seen, people have waited for months after their interview to hear anything back which is ridiculous. I’m impatient enough at this stage yet alone after the interview lol.

Do you know how we could prep for the interview in the meantime.

no not at the moment. Just waiting and praying in the hope of an invitation to the interview. But yes it’s seems to be the case that there is a huge waiting period so we need to brace ourselves. Hope this is the most expeditiously completed and that we will be privileged enough to be successful and be employed by the Home Office
Reply 7
Original post by Kevin26
no not at the moment. Just waiting and praying in the hope of an invitation to the interview. But yes it’s seems to be the case that there is a huge waiting period so we need to brace ourselves. Hope this is the most expeditiously completed and that we will be privileged enough to be successful and be employed by the Home Office

Bless you - I hope so.

Please keep us posted if you get an updates 🙂
Reply 8
Bless you - I hope so.

Please keep us posted if you get an updates 🙂

Thank you, like wise Emanniiii, like wise
Reply 9
Has anyone’s application status changed on the portal? Mine still says “application received”.
Reply 10
Has anyone’s application status changed on the portal? Mine still says “application received”.

Hi Emanniiii,

Complements of the new season.

No, I have not heard anything either. Hope we will all hear something soon fingers crossed.
Reply 11
Original post by Kevin26
Hi Emanniiii,

Complements of the new season.

No, I have not heard anything either. Hope we will all hear something soon fingers crossed.

Happy belated New Years!!

I have not heard anything either. They are taking quite long to be honest. It has passed their estimated time for interviews, so i am a little confused. Hope to hear back from them soon.
Reply 12
@Kevin26 Hello, I thought I should let you know of an update i received. I emailed them and yesterday asking when we would possibly hear back from them. They responded today saying the following;

Application ID number: Xyz
[start]Thank you for your interest in the above role and submitting your application. There has been a delay on the campaign due to the number of applications received and we do apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.[/start]
[start]We are hoping to have sift results to you week commencing 22nd of January and we will have further information of when interviews are to take place then.[/start]
[start]Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch with an update as soon as possible.[/start]

I hope this helps🙂
Reply 13
@Kevin26 Hello, I thought I should let you know of an update i received. I emailed them and yesterday asking when we would possibly hear back from them. They responded today saying the following;

Application ID number: Xyz
[start]Thank you for your interest in the above role and submitting your application. There has been a delay on the campaign due to the number of applications received and we do apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.[/start]
[start]We are hoping to have sift results to you week commencing 22nd of January and we will have further information of when interviews are to take place then.[/start]
[start]Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch with an update as soon as possible.[/start]

I hope this helps🙂

Hi Emanniiii,

Thank you for the update.

I too can confirm that I received the same response today at 12:05.

Thank you
Reply 14
Original post by Kevin26
Hi Emanniiii,

Thank you for the update.

I too can confirm that I received the same response today at 12:05.

Thank you

@Emanniiii,

Hope you are well.

Just a quick update. I have heard back today from the HO with an invitation to an interview, have you or anyone else heard back?
Original post by Kevin26
@Emanniiii,

Hope you are well.

Just a quick update. I have heard back today from the HO with an invitation to an interview, have you or anyone else heard back?

Hi, I have heard back being invited for an interview as well. Any idea what the presentation segment will consist of?
Reply 16
Original post by Ameerah1299x
Hi, I have heard back being invited for an interview as well. Any idea what the presentation segment will consist of?

Hi Ameerah,

Congratulations for getting through. Like you I am not completely sure, however there was a mention on the civil service behaviours. Have you booked your interview?
Original post by Kevin26
Hi Ameerah,

Congratulations for getting through. Like you I am not completely sure, however there was a mention on the civil service behaviours. Have you booked your interview?

Hi Kevin,

Congratulations on getting through too. I have booked my interview for 27th March, how about yourself?
Reply 18
Hi Ameerah,

That’s great, I have booked mine for 12 February 2024.
Reply 19
Original post by Ameerah1299x
All the very best! I hope you're successful, if possible I'd really appreciate it if you'd be able to let me know how it goes for you once you've had it, I'm not looking to get an unfair advantage or anything, it would just be useful to know what to expect!

Thank you, indeed all the very best to you too. As you will appreciate and given that this is an interview process, both you and I are not at liberty to disclose anything that may compromise or jeopardise either of our chances of being successful at this stage, for fear of breach of confidentiality, it may not be best. On the other hand should I come across an generic official interview/presentation preparation from the HO I am will be happy to share with you. Once again good luck and I hope that you are successful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending