The Student Room Group

Do i need to declare motor claims on a new full licence?

I've had my car stolen in 2021 and i made claim with the insurance, in the end it was deemed as a write off. The following year I ended up losing my licence for a speeding offense as it was still under 2 years that I've held my licence for. Recently I passed my driving test again and I obtained a new licence, do i still have to declare the old claim when buying car insurance?
Reply 1
Original post by tombrad83
I've had my car stolen in 2021 and i made claim with the insurance, in the end it was deemed as a write off. The following year I ended up losing my licence for a speeding offense as it was still under 2 years that I've held my licence for. Recently I passed my driving test again and I obtained a new licence, do i still have to declare the old claim when buying car insurance?

Yes you need to declare any previous claims unless it is more than five years ago which it is not as only two years ago you claimed.
Original post by tombrad83

Yes. Insurance has nothing to do with the licence, it's about the driver's history. You have to declare both the claim and the speeding/loss of licence.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes. Insurance has nothing to do with the licence, it's about the driver's history. You have to declare both the claim and the speeding/loss of licence.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending