The Student Room Group

Wth is open-relationship

I thought this was just simple official relationship.

I heard it from my friend it’s different kind of relationship. What is open-relationship. Do they actually agree with seeing and doing something more with anyone else other than their partners? Wow
Original post by Anonymous #1

I heard it from my friend it’s different kind of relationship. What is open-relationship. Do they actually agree with seeing and doing something more with anyone else other than their partners? Wow

So your still in a relationship but you see other people
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed_80

So your still in a relationship but you see other people

Wow so is it also available to do things like more than friends with others?
Reply 4
Reply 5

Dang something rlly new to me
Well yes but at the same time being respectful and considerate to the person your currently in a relationship with so following the boundaries and being aware of it whilst it’s in place.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 7
It’s a bit of a niche thing. Most commonly people like to think that once they’re regularly bonking it’s exclusive
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
It’s a bit of a niche thing. Most commonly people like to think that once they’re regularly bonking it’s exclusive

Yeah that’ different. But still kinda fresh and shock to me haha. I could never imagine that they can have a relationship and do other things with other partners at the same time before knowing this sort of relationship. It’s being respectful for each other but it’s like what..? Their partners allow them to do that with others? Hahahaa i gotta learn more dang
Yeah that’ different. But still kinda fresh and shock to me haha. I could never imagine that they can have a relationship and do other things with other partners at the same time before knowing this sort of relationship. It’s being respectful for each other but it’s like what..? Their partners allow them to do that with others? Hahahaa i gotta learn more dang

Yeah that’s just it gives the ick to be honest you might as well breakup if your to start a relationship elsewhere but you never jeopardise your commitment, loyalty and trust whilst in one to meet or do things with someone else
I tried this once I wasn't keen
Be mature and just break up if your looking to try it
Reply 12
Original post by Mohammed_80
Be mature and just break up if your looking to try it

Nah i am not gonna try it. It doesn’t match my emotions. I respect whoever do this but for me myself i am not that generous. I would never try it.
Nah i am not gonna try it. It doesn’t match my emotions. I respect whoever do this but for me myself i am not that generous. I would never try it.

Yeah wise and sensible. Like why play the feelings of someone that loves you yet if the topic of open relationship gets bought up you have the choice and you choose to do it makes no sense. Just selfish that, and your breaking key elements of what makes a relationship only to make it difficult for you…in terms of earning the traits/elements back…
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending