The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Official Cardiff University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else applied/in for biomed in sep 2024? i managed to secure a place last year for deferred entry :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from Cardiff for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!!

Hi, I've had an offer for deferred entry to study Archaeology this September and I was wondering if there's an offer holders event for that course? I haven't had an email x
Original post by elinnoahk
Hi, I've had an offer for deferred entry to study Archaeology this September and I was wondering if there's an offer holders event for that course? I haven't had an email x

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer, you should be sent all the information you need in advance straight to your email. If you have any questions regarding the university, student life or Cardiff as a city, please let me know.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by OllieAS345
Anyone else applied/in for biomed in sep 2024? i managed to secure a place last year for deferred entry :smile:

Yes heyy
Has anyone heard from social sciences recently if they have received an offer? I sent my application in mid December
Original post by Anonymous #6
Has anyone heard from social sciences recently if they have received an offer? I sent my application in mid December

Hi, my friend who applied for social sciences has had her offer back already but they have until April to reply so I'm sure it'll be fine!! good luck
Original post by Anonymous #8
Hi, my friend who applied for social sciences has had her offer back already but they have until April to reply so I'm sure it'll be fine!! good luck

Do you know when she applied? I already have my results so I was hoping it would be quicker
Do you know when she applied? I already have my results so I was hoping it would be quicker

She applied at the end of October and she also has her results already x
Hi,
does anyone know when International students will start getting decisions? I applied to Human Geography, has anyone gotten offers yet?
Reply 49
Original post by courteous-jury
Hi,
does anyone know when International students will start getting decisions? I applied to Human Geography, has anyone gotten offers yet?

Different program but also international student, applied mid November and received offer a month later.
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous #2
Does anyone know when are cardiff offer holder days?

I received an email invitation for offer holder day for Politics and International Relations, offering various dates in March and April.
Reply 51
Hi!
I've been offered a place at Cardiff studying LLB law, do you have any recommendations for which accommodation I should apply for? From what I've read Column hall and Abercomway hall are the closest but I'm also considering the flat option of an ensuite. Also, do you know if we will get the chance to look at the accommodation during the holders event? (I'm assuming no since its in the middle of the semester but just wondering)
Original post by Tori_006
Hi!
I've been offered a place at Cardiff studying LLB law, do you have any recommendations for which accommodation I should apply for? From what I've read Column hall and Abercomway hall are the closest but I'm also considering the flat option of an ensuite. Also, do you know if we will get the chance to look at the accommodation during the holders event? (I'm assuming no since its in the middle of the semester but just wondering)

Hi there! All of the accomodations would have their pros and cons I would say :smile:

If you're going for university-owned ensuite accomodation I'd suggest the Talybont complex. It is a bit of a walk, 15-20mins-ish (depending which Taly block you choose). But it's right next to the sports facilities, has a common room, and really close to amenities such as Aldi, Tesco and KFC/McDonalds. I stayed at Talybont North first year and I found it really convenient that the sports facilities were just right outside my window!

But I know people that have enjoyed staying at closer accommodation despite sharing bathrooms, so it really depends on your needs, I would say.

Hmm to the holders day question, I believe accommodation visits are mostly offered on Open Days. If it doesn't state on the email you received about open day, it most likely won't be offered. But I recommend looking at YouTube room tours of the halls you're interested in. I've found them to be quite accurate since its just students doing them for fun.

Hope that's helped, let me know if you had any other questions 🙂

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 53
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi there! All of the accomodations would have their pros and cons I would say :smile:

If you're going for university-owned ensuite accomodation I'd suggest the Talybont complex. It is a bit of a walk, 15-20mins-ish (depending which Taly block you choose). But it's right next to the sports facilities, has a common room, and really close to amenities such as Aldi, Tesco and KFC/McDonalds. I stayed at Talybont North first year and I found it really convenient that the sports facilities were just right outside my window!

But I know people that have enjoyed staying at closer accommodation despite sharing bathrooms, so it really depends on your needs, I would say.

Hmm to the holders day question, I believe accommodation visits are mostly offered on Open Days. If it doesn't state on the email you received about open day, it most likely won't be offered. But I recommend looking at YouTube room tours of the halls you're interested in. I've found them to be quite accurate since its just students doing them for fun.

Hope that's helped, let me know if you had any other questions 🙂

Thank you so much your answer really helped! :smile: I just looked into Talybond accommodations and the court looks great definitely going to consider applying to it.
Reply 54
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi everyone!

If you have any Cardiff Uni questions, feel free to ask here and I will do my best to answer!

Help! Hi Jazz anxious parent here. My daughter is due at Offer Holder Day tomorrow (Wednesday 15th) for Ancient History. But I can’t find out anything about it online. What time is she due please and where?! Thanks. Lucy
Original post by Tori_006
Thank you so much your answer really helped! :smile: I just looked into Talybond accommodations and the court looks great definitely going to consider applying to it.

That's great, Talybont Court is a great place to choose (especially since its the shortest walk to campus out of all the Taly accommodations!) I did have friends that lived in that accommodation so let me know if you were wanting to know more about it :smile:

Original post by LAFryer
Help! Hi Jazz anxious parent here. My daughter is due at Offer Holder Day tomorrow (Wednesday 15th) for Ancient History. But I can’t find out anything about it online. What time is she due please and where?! Thanks. Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Sounds like a really stressful situation! Your daughter should have been contacted about the offer holder day and given all information - usually through email? Did she receive an email about this (try checking spam as well!)

Some schools might also do multiple offer holder days. If your daughter didn't get contacted individually about this, it might be that she will be offered a offer holder day on a different date?

Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi everyone!

If you have any Cardiff Uni questions, feel free to ask here and I will do my best to answer!

Hiya - hoping to start in Cardiff in Sept and study Optometry - can you recommend student halls that are near to School of Optometry and Vision and/ or where most students studying this course are likely to live? Thanks🙂
I just got my offer for human and social sciences!! Does anybody know which accom is closest to where I’ll mainly be based?
I just got my offer for human and social sciences!! Does anybody know which accom is closest to where I’ll mainly be based?

Hi there,
I believe that you will be based in the beautiful Glamorgan building. Any options close to campus would be good depending on your budget, Colum Hall, Sengehedd Hall, and Student Houses would be good to look into. The Talybont accommodations are a 30-minute ish walk and a lot of first-years live there.

Hope that helps,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending