The Student Room Group

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2024 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sk133
is there a postgrad group chat or does anyone want to start one?

I would be interested in joining.
Hey! Anyone else applied for MSc Theory and History of International Relations? My application was received on the 19th so just hoping for a quick response, though it seems they do take a while. I also applied for GSS so hoping for that aswell !!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by michelegrim
Wow, you are the first person I've spoken to who is also applying for this course. Waiting for a decision has been absolutely dreadful (checking the portal everyday is driving me mad).
I'm hoping we will hear something back before Holy Week/Easter and spring break. Are you an international or a domestic student? Also, the best of luck with your application.

Hi! I am an international postgrad applicant for LSE. Mydecision on first choice(department of methodologywhich is different to that of second choice)at LSE isunsuccessful at Feb 21. Now currently waiting for mysecond choice course(department of statistics)andmy status got updated to “Application underconsideration” on the same day. Can I know when LSE will give decision for 2ndchoice (like approx. number of weeks after gettingdecision for first choice course) as per your pastexperience, any known friends at LSE who facedsimilar situation?It would be great if anyone could clarify these doubts.Thank you in advance
Original post by aaravpv
Has anyone received any updates or offers for MSc Economic Policy for International Development? I applied in early February

Hey! No I haven't and its been well over 8 weeks. Have you received any updates?
Original post by Ram Ridhan
Hi! I am an international postgrad applicant for LSE. Mydecision on first choice(department of methodologywhich is different to that of second choice)at LSE isunsuccessful at Feb 21. Now currently waiting for mysecond choice course(department of statistics)andmy status got updated to “Application underconsideration” on the same day. Can I know when LSE will give decision for 2ndchoice (like approx. number of weeks after gettingdecision for first choice course) as per your pastexperience, any known friends at LSE who facedsimilar situation?It would be great if anyone could clarify these doubts.Thank you in advance
Sorry to hear your first choice was unsuccessful. I think it will take the LSE admission board approx. another 8 weeks to come to a decision on your second choice, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't have much knowledge about the UK uni administration processes, many of my friends who were admitted to said unis were Rhodes Scholars/Marshall Scholars. Best of luck with your second choice!! (You got this)
just got it for MSc international health policy anyone the same ??
Reply 86
Original post by delhibelly
just got it for MSc international health policy anyone the same ??

Today? I thought they were still on Easter break
Reply 87
Anyone applied for QMRM?
Original post by HahaD14
Today? I thought they were still on Easter break

nah this monday the 1st of april
Original post by yashs0787
Did anybody get an offer from stats department?

Hi, I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Statistics (Social Statistics) but I have recently applied to be considered for MSc Statistics (the standard route) due to changes around my job. I applied quite lately for the latter programme (just a week or so ago) so I am not sure if I will get an offer. I am curious to know about Msc Statistics (Social Stat) and MSc Statistics offer holders.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Mohammadinia
Hi, I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Statistics (Social Statistics) but I have recently applied to be considered for MSc Statistics (the standard route) due to changes around my job. I applied quite lately for the latter programme (just a week or so ago) so I am not sure if I will get an offer. I am curious to know about Msc Statistics (Social Stat) and MSc Statistics offer holders.

I still haven’t got a response. Can you share your stats?
I still haven’t got a response. Can you share your stats?

May I know which programme(s) you have applied for?
I submitted my application on 4 Dec 2023 - processed on 5 Dec 2023. I received a rejection for my first choice (MSc Statistics (Social Statistics) (Research) on 14 March, and an offer for my second choice on 26 March. Applied for MSc Statistics on 28 March and am now waiting for its outcome.

Ohh. I meant your educational background and work experience.
May I know which programme(s) you have applied for?

Sure. M.sc Financial statistics and Data science as my 2nd choice at LSE.
Ohh. I meant your educational background and work experience.

Oh sorry - misunderstood. BA, MA and PG Diploma in Economics; Quant Social Research (about a year now)
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Sure. M.sc Financial statistics and Data science as my 2nd choice at LSE.

Fingers crossed for you!
Fingers crossed for you!

Let’s connect on LinkedIn!

Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/yash-sharma-531476122
Anyone heard back from MSC finance?
Reply 98
Received a conditional offer from LSE Msc International Relations. Applied 23 February. Status changed from 'received - not verified' to 'received' on 11 April. Received conditional offer today 12 April. Applied with an average projected grade of 80% (UK grading scale =(?) GPA 4.0). I am an international student.
Original post by dmf22
Received a conditional offer from LSE Msc International Relations. Applied 23 February. Status changed from 'received - not verified' to 'received' on 11 April. Received conditional offer today 12 April. Applied with an average projected grade of 80% (UK grading scale =(?) GPA 4.0). I am an international student.

Could you share more about your profile, do you have amazing extra curricular or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending