The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Someone applied for this program said he/she received an interview invitation yesterday, but I don't know whether it is real.
Original post by FiveSevenNight
Someone applied for this program said he/she received an interview invitation yesterday, but I don't know whether it is real.

Where did they say this?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Where did they say this?

In an app called "Xiao Hong Shu" used mostly by Chinese people
Original post by FiveSevenNight
In an app called "Xiao Hong Shu" used mostly by Chinese people

Thank you for the information! However, I have checked in this app and found nothing regarding interviews for next year's course. Could you please share the link? I appreciate it, thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #5
Thank you for the information! However, I have checked in this app and found nothing regarding interviews for next year's course. Could you please share the link? I appreciate it, thank you!

Her id is 489069407.
(I couldn't submit my reply when I copied the link, but you should be able to see that post when you search for her id)
(edited 2 months ago)
I just got an interview invite around 00:00 UK time lmao. Would've thought it was a scam except it cc's the admissions office and everything.
Original post by sandwichman2
I just got an interview invite around 00:00 UK time lmao. Would've thought it was a scam except it cc's the admissions office and everything.

When is it scheduled for?
Original post by Anonymous #6
When is it scheduled for?

In two days' time
In two days' time

Damn that is not much time at all.

Wow thats something. No surprise there that academics are pulling an allnighter for interviews : ) Best of luck to you, who do you have it with?
Also, there was something about the upload button disappearing once someone views your application. Do you still have this in the self-service portal?

Is the sender using official Oxford email?
Also, is the email sent on weekend?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #4
Also, there was something about the upload button disappearing once someone views your application. Do you still have this in the self-service portal?

I think it will disappear only when you are about to receive an offer.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Wow thats something. No surprise there that academics are pulling an allnighter for interviews : ) Best of luck to you, who do you have it with?

Thank you! The interviewers do computational biology and AI/ML respectively according to the Oxford website. I have zero experience in either of those so I'm a bit scared ;_;
Reply 55
Thank you! The interviewers do computational biology and AI/ML respectively according to the Oxford website. I have zero experience in either of those so I'm a bit scared ;_;

Be calm and pray or hope everything goes your way. All the best!
Does anybody know how many applicants get their offers without interview? Oxford website tells about 1/3 applicants are interviewed, but there were some offers made without an interview in the last several years.
Does the interview for this course require access to a touchscreen device with a pen?

I've seen this listed as a requirement for undergraduate computer science interviews.
Any other updates about interview calls? Or anyone who has already done it?
I received an interview invitation just now. The interview will be done next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending