The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Government (Politics) offers from LSE

Scroll to see replies

token
You don't suck,you've got two offers from good Universities. :console:

Thank you, I was just being a bit of a bitch earlier. I guess I just began to think I had a chance, good luck with your application mate!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Still waiting. Zzzz.
Reply 22
misternite
Thank you, I was just being a bit of a bitch earlier. I guess I just began to think I had a chance, good luck with your application mate!

I know how it feels mate.
Reply 23
token
I bet they haven't even started looking into the Government applications yet. I haven't heard of anyone who has actually received an offer or rejection. Hopefully they will decide soon, because the pain is excruciating. :sigh:

I can't say I've really been looking but from what I've seen, myself and another girl (see above somewhere, begins with an H) have had straight government offers, she's international I think and I'm not, both AAB I'm assuming, and we got them both on the same day: Friday the 28th of Nov.
A couple have had rejections too.

Good luck to everyone
x
i got rejected from lse for government yesterday. Im a bit pissed off but not to worried coz ive got two offers, one from southampton and the other from nottingham. Anyone know which is better??? Im still waiting on warwick as well.
Reply 25
I got a rejection too!
kingston1991
i got rejected from lse for government yesterday. Im a bit pissed off but not to worried coz ive got two offers, one from southampton and the other from nottingham. Anyone know which is better??? Im still waiting on warwick as well.

Can be subjective but in my opinion it's Warwick > Nottingham > Southampton for Politics.
I got accepted for Politics and Philosophy, AAB standard offer. :smile:
kingston1991

I'd say Warwick is the best out of the three.
Reply 29
I haven't heard back for Government yet etiher....but my friend has....we both have AAA post A-Level.
Reply 30
Yes!
I haven't heard back for Government yet etiher....but my friend has....we both have AAA post A-Level.

You'll have to wait till after March 10th.
Reply 31
token
You'll have to wait till after March 10th.

Sorry, not in the loop with these technicalities....how come?
Reply 32
Yes!
Sorry, not in the loop with these technicalities....how come?

The international students will receive the results of their admission tests on March 10th. I think these international students will be compared with the applicants in the gathered pile.

So if you are in the gathered pile, sit tight.
Reply 33
token
The international students will receive the results of their admission tests on March 10th. I think these international students will be compared with the applicants in the gathered pile.

So if you are in the gathered pile, sit tight.

Ach Noo! They pay triple what I pay....this is disappointing!
Reply 34
Yes!
Ach Noo! They pay triple what I pay....this is disappointing!

You could pay a super generous donation to LSE, and receive an unconditional offer.

:teeth:
Reply 35
Just to confirm...if you get put in a gathering pile or whatever you may call them...you are advised of this right?

No news is good news...but it gets a bit much :frown:
spursj911
AAB is quite low to be blatently honest

The reason for AAB is to allow people with Oxford/Cambridge to put the LSE as their insurance...
token
You could pay a super generous donation to LSE, and receive an unconditional offer.

:teeth:

Apparently some people (not naming any names) have done this
Reply 38
The Edwinnator
Apparently some people (not naming any names) have done this

O rly? :wink:
Reply 39
I'm a second year, didn't get my offer until the last week of January and I applied in the first week of October.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending