The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is Queen Mary University of London worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e3ly
hellooo, i just got back from the offer holder day and i really loved it. the professor was lovely, the shop and cafe was nice, and the buildings are beautiful. i think this may be my first choice now

I was wondering why there were so many people around on a Saturday haha, of course it was the offer holder day today!

I'm very glad to hear that :smile: If you do end up here, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by e3ly
i applied to queen mary to study psychology and got an offer but im not sure if i want to go. i went to visit it and was a bit put off by the area and have found out that it doesnt have the best reputation, but are these things a problem for anyone that goes or has studied there? i really want to love it but im not entirely convinced. is it worth it?

unless you're Asian/black i would avoid Queen Mary like the plague. your impressions of it are spot on.
Reply 22
Original post by Scotland Yard
I was wondering why there were so many people around on a Saturday haha, of course it was the offer holder day today!

I'm very glad to hear that :smile: If you do end up here, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

hahah everyone was so lovely! i saw the graveyard too how could i have missed it, the school im in now also has a graveyard in it, somehow i can’t get away from them apparently?? i had a taster lecture of cognitive psychology and it seemed sooo hard; it was on biopsychology which is what i’m studying right now yet it’s so different
Reply 23
Original post by A Rolling Stone
unless you're Asian/black i would avoid Queen Mary like the plague. your impressions of it are spot on.

why?
Original post by e3ly
why?

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this poster is being a bit racist because of the large proportion of South Asians and other minorities in Queen Mary. Which has absolutely 0 impact on anything the university does. Clearly ethnic minorities don't feel discriminated here and white people in Queen Mary, like myself, don't give two flying hoots about this non-issue.
Original post by Scotland Yard
I'm going to go ahead and assume that this poster is being a bit racist because of the large proportion of South Asians and other minorities in Queen Mary. Which has absolutely 0 impact on anything the university does. Clearly ethnic minorities don't feel discriminated here and white people in Queen Mary, like myself, don't give two flying hoots about this non-issue.

it is not racist to state the clear facts that the university is one of those multicultural environments with poor integration and no community feel, but will be ok for black/asian students who make up the majority

it basically has the same vibe as an 'inner city London school'
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by A Rolling Stone
it is not racist to state the clear facts that the university is one of those multicultural environments with poor integration and no community feel, but will be ok for black/asian students who make up the majority

it basically has the same vibe as an 'inner city London school'

This doesn't tally at all with my experience as a white person in Queen Mary, other than some pitifully and vanishingly small pockets of students who willfully make themselves pariahs by not wishing to interact with anybody else. Sucks to be them, honestly. Everyone else (also known as the vast majority of students, regardless of ethnicity) mingles nicely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending