I applied the first week of January😬xx
Ahh okay.
Yeah mine was around mid jan,
Hopefully we will hear soon.
X
Reply 21
Original post by Ella_saul
Hi,
I’ve applied to Essex Uni (Southend and Colchester) to study Oral Health Science.
Has anyone heard back from them/been offered an interview. I sent my application mid December.
Just wanted to try and get an idea of how long they take to respond/offer an interview.
Thanks🦷😁🫶🏻
Hi, i got an offer for an alternative course, they didn’t give too much reason behind this. Even though I’m great full for the offer, the lack of feedback wasn’t great. I also found it a bit concerning that oral health science for university of Essex isn’t currently on ucas anymore.
Original post by Ellie!!
Hi, i got an offer for an alternative course, they didn’t give too much reason behind this. Even though I’m great full for the offer, the lack of feedback wasn’t great. I also found it a bit concerning that oral health science for university of Essex isn’t currently on ucas anymore.
Did you get an interview for the course at all?
Reply 23
Original post by Ellie!!
I had the exact same thing happen to me!!
Reply 24
Original post by Baileyjacksonxx
Did you get an interview for the course at all?
No i didn’t get an interview for the new health and social care course I got a conditional offer.
Reply 25
Original post by Ella_saul
I had the exact same thing happen to me!!
I think it’s happened to quite a few people with little to no explanation, as it’s not on ucas anymore I’m wondering if the course has been scrapped? I think I’m going to get on clearing to apply for another university if I don’t get the outcome I want.
Reply 26
Original post by Ellie!!
I think it’s happened to quite a few people with little to no explanation, as it’s not on ucas anymore I’m wondering if the course has been scrapped? I think I’m going to get on clearing to apply for another university if I don’t get the outcome I want.

Hey,
Sorry to hear that.
I had an email today to say I have been offered an interview but they are just waiting on more dates to be realised before I can book it x
Reply 27
Original post by Ellie!!
Yeah I have heard! I also applied to Plymouth to do a foundation year and then the 3 year oral science course and I was offered an interview, may be worth trying them! Xx
Original post by Hay33x
Hey,
Sorry to hear that.
I had an email today to say I have been offered an interview but they are just waiting on more dates to be realised before I can book it x

Have you had your interview yet? I’m just wondering how many more they’ve got left to interview. I wish you the best of luck girls!!😁 x
Reply 29
Original post by Fenella Hunt
Have you had your interview yet? I’m just wondering how many more they’ve got left to interview. I wish you the best of luck girls!!😁 x

Hey,
Ahh thank you,
I’ve got mine on the 18th.
I think when I booked it there was 2 other dates to choose from, one the week before and one more the same week as mine. So maybe the last batch. Good luck too 🤞🏻 Keep me updated when you hear back and I will too x
Original post by Hay33x
Hey,
Ahh thank you,
I think when I booked it there was 2 other dates to choose from, one the week before and one more the same week as mine. So maybe the last batch. Good luck too 🤞🏻 Keep me updated when you hear back and I will too x

Ah thank you for letting me know. Best of luck to you! You’ll smash it🥰 is this your first time applying/interview with them?
Yes definitely keep me updated and I will too!
Not long now! I just hope these next couple months go quickly 😁
When did you apply? Xx
Reply 31
Ah thank you for letting me know. Best of luck to you! You’ll smash it🥰 is this your first time applying/interview with them?
Yes definitely keep me updated and I will too!
Not long now! I just hope these next couple months go quickly 😁
When did you apply? Xx

You’re welcome.
The wait is a killer isn’t it.
I applied around mid Jan.
I’ve applied to the course a few times now, last year I made it to the waiting list so really hoping I get it this year. Have you applied before? xx
It’s awful!! The anxiety is killing me😂
Aww I’m sure you will. They should see how determined you are!!
Stay positive, we’ve got this😁
I haven’t, this is my first time applying xx
Reply 33
It’s awful!! The anxiety is killing me😂
Aww I’m sure you will. They should see how determined you are!!
Stay positive, we’ve got this😁
I haven’t, this is my first time applying xx

Ahhh I know!!
It’s the worst bit 😫
Fingers crossed for you too!! Hopefully we get our places xx
Original post by Rosemartin1
Hey, can I ask you whether you have done an access course or anything? As I applied with GCSE’s, qualified dental nurse but no access course or A levels in a science related subject and was turned away. Good luck with the interview!

Hey I’m in the same boat as you, I’ve applied after qualifying as a dental nurse but got offered an interview somehow, how long have u been nursing for? If I don’t get in I’m gonna start an access course as I think it’s the only option
Original post by Hay33x
Hey,
Ahh thank you,
Got mine booked for tenth

Good luck all 🍀❤️
Original post by beckkate
Good luck all 🍀❤️

Best of luck to you!!😁 x
Reply 37
Original post by beckkate
Good luck all 🍀❤️

Ahhh good luck 🤞🏻
Yeah I applied in January and I had my interview a week ago xx

Hey:smile:)
How did u find the interview? How long do they usually take and are the questions relatively normal, as I’ve seen people talking about MMI questions and role play questions but wondered if that’s for dentistry or also hygiene?xx
Yeah I applied in January and I had my interview a week ago xx

how did u find your interview? was it quite difficult or was it like the usual interview questions? Ive heard some people talk about MMI questions, did they ask you any of these?

Quick Reply

Latest