The Student Room Group

Essex University Oral Health Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baileyjacksonxx
Yeah I applied in January and I had my interview a week ago xx

how did u find the interview? were the questions normal or did they ask MMI questions, ovbs ik u cant say exactly what came up in the interview but do u have any tips? xx
Reply 41
Has everyone had their interview?
How do you feel it went?
Good luck to everyone 🤞🏻X
Original post by Hay33x
Has everyone had their interview?
How do you feel it went?
Good luck to everyone 🤞🏻X

When was your interview? How do you feel it went? It’s so hard you really can’t tell from their expression can you🥹😂 hope it went okay!! Not long till we find out now, we’re on the 4 week countdown 😬x
Reply 43
Original post by Fenella Hunt
When was your interview? How do you feel it went? It’s so hard you really can’t tell from their expression can you🥹😂 hope it went okay!! Not long till we find out now, we’re on the 4 week countdown 😬x

I know 😅
Mine was yesterday, I really don’t know how I done, I felt so nervous feel like I was repeating myself abit lol! When was yours?
Not long till we find out, the wait is a killer isn’t it. Is it your first time applying? Xx
Original post by Hay33x
I know 😅
Mine was yesterday, I really don’t know how I done, I felt so nervous feel like I was repeating myself abit lol! When was yours?
Not long till we find out, the wait is a killer isn’t it. Is it your first time applying? Xx

Ah I know what you mean! Thinking back on mine, I felt like I was rambling on and repeating myself but it’s the nerves isn’t it!! I’m sure they take this all into account and I’m sure you did sooo well!!🥰
Yes I had mine in December. Feels like a very long time ago now😂 but I hope I just did enough to get in 🥹
Yes it is my first time applying. Is this your second time applying? Xx
Reply 45
Ah I know what you mean! Thinking back on mine, I felt like I was rambling on and repeating myself but it’s the nerves isn’t it!! I’m sure they take this all into account and I’m sure you did sooo well!!🥰
Yes I had mine in December. Feels like a very long time ago now😂 but I hope I just did enough to get in 🥹
Yes it is my first time applying. Is this your second time applying? Xx

I know, I hope so 😅
December is such a long wait, kinda glad I had mine later this time round so not too long to wait, still probably going to be the longest month ever though 😂
fingers crossed for you, hopefully we get a place. I’ve applied a few times now I made it to the waiting list last year but didn’t get my place, so horrible to make it that far and still not get one xx
Original post by Hay33x
I know, I hope so 😅
December is such a long wait, kinda glad I had mine later this time round so not too long to wait, still probably going to be the longest month ever though 😂
fingers crossed for you, hopefully we get a place. I’ve applied a few times now I made it to the waiting list last year but didn’t get my place, so horrible to make it that far and still not get one xx

Wow it must be rlly competitive then, but I’ve heard this in most unis for this course anyway😭😭
My friend is a dental hygiene student at kings and apparently they had like 3000 applicants and only chose 30😵*💫
Original post by Hay33x
I know, I hope so 😅

I’m manifesting it! It’s going to be your year!😁🥰
Aww bless you! I bet that was so annoying but I’m sure you’ve smashed it for this year! The fact you all to the waiting list last year is amazing. I wish they would put more spaces on the course because it’s just so competitive isn’t it!😥 Which campus have you applied to? Xx
Original post by Mare2003
Wow it must be rlly competitive then, but I’ve heard this in most unis for this course anyway😭😭
My friend is a dental hygiene student at kings and apparently they had like 3000 applicants and only chose 30😵*💫

I know I heard something crazy like this as well from my friend!!😅 she said when she applied for Essex years ago, there were something like 500 applicants and they have to get it down to 60. Must be so hard for the university as I’m sure everyone’s applications are similar and they all have a good chance but they have to be tough🥺
Reply 49
I’m manifesting it! It’s going to be your year!😁🥰
Aww bless you! I bet that was so annoying but I’m sure you’ve smashed it for this year! The fact you all to the waiting list last year is amazing. I wish they would put more spaces on the course because it’s just so competitive isn’t it!😥 Which campus have you applied to? Xx

Ahh thank you 🥰🤞🏻
So so competitive it’s such a shame there isn’t more places.
I applied to southend, which one did you choose?
I think if you getting a waiting list place you can be sent to either. I wouldn’t mind tbh, better than not getting a place on either I guess xx
Original post by Hay33x
Ahh thank you 🥰🤞🏻
So so competitive it’s such a shame there isn’t more places.
I applied to southend, which one did you choose?
I think if you getting a waiting list place you can be sent to either. I wouldn’t mind tbh, better than not getting a place on either I guess xx

Oh definitely! I’d be so happy with either if it meant I could be a hygienist🥹😂 I applied to Southend too! It would be nice to know someone there if we both got in!😁 Where are you from and how long have you been nursing? Xxx
Reply 51
Oh definitely! I’d be so happy with either if it meant I could be a hygienist🥹😂 I applied to Southend too! It would be nice to know someone there if we both got in!😁 Where are you from and how long have you been nursing? Xxx

Yes definitely!!
I’ve been nursing forever 😂 about 12 years now. Seems crazy how quick it goes. How about you? I’m from Waltham Abbey in Essex xx
Original post by Hay33x
Yes definitely!!
I’ve been nursing forever 😂 about 12 years now. Seems crazy how quick it goes. How about you? I’m from Waltham Abbey in Essex xx

Wow 12 years! That’s amazing. Aw I really hope this is your year because you deserve it for putting up with dentists for 12 years🤣 it does fly by doesn’t it!! I’ve been nursing for 5 years.
Aw so definitely ideal to be studying in Essex!! Have you ever applied anywhere else? I’m from Canterbury in Kent xxx
Reply 53
Wow 12 years! That’s amazing. Aw I really hope this is your year because you deserve it for putting up with dentists for 12 years🤣 it does fly by doesn’t it!! I’ve been nursing for 5 years.
Aw so definitely ideal to be studying in Essex!! Have you ever applied anywhere else? I’m from Canterbury in Kent xxx

I know, tell me about it 😂
Ahh okay.
No i’ve not tried anywhere else, have you?
I think most other places want you to have A levels and stuff, which I don’t have so Essex is my only option really xx
Original post by Hay33x
I know, tell me about it 😂
Ahh okay.
No i’ve not tried anywhere else, have you?
I think most other places want you to have A levels and stuff, which I don’t have so Essex is my only option really xx

I’m completely in the same boat! I don’t think I have it in me anymore to try go back and redo my A levels to science now😂
keeping my fingers crossed for us for Essex!! 🤞🏼xx
Reply 55
I’m completely in the same boat! I don’t think I have it in me anymore to try go back and redo my A levels to science now😂
keeping my fingers crossed for us for Essex!! 🤞🏼xx
Haha exactly!!
🤞🏻🤞🏻
Let me know if you hear anything, i’ll do the same xx

Quick Reply

Latest