The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/DPhil Law and Socio Legal Research- 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shwayb
Congrats and good luck!

Thanks, Shwayb. And @ Anonymous #2, officially, interviews can still take place till late Feb / early March. If I were you, I wouldn't start losing hope until Tuesday or so. That's because these emails seem individually tailored, so they may take some time to schedule. And even then, I wouldn't completely consider it a lost cause until late Feb, though the chances get obviously slimmer over time. Outcome decisions come around mid-March.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 21
Any news? MPhil Socio-Legal I've still got upload button available and 'ready for assessment'. Last we heard was interview invites being sent on Wednesday evening? I suppose with it being weekend admin staff are not working so won't hear anything until Monday.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous #3
Thanks, Shwayb. And @ Anonymous #2, officially, interviews can still take place till late Feb / early March. If I were you, I wouldn't start losing hope until Tuesday or so. That's because these emails seem individually tailored, so they may take some time to schedule. And even then, I wouldn't completely consider it a lost cause until late Feb, though the chances get obviously slimmer over time. Outcome decisions come around mid-March.

Thank you for the info, I'm defo trying to just wait and see but as you said the longer it goes on then yeah, fingers crossed!
Original post by Shwayb
Thank you for the info, I'm defo trying to just wait and see but as you said the longer it goes on then yeah, fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated.
Hi, has there been any feedback for DPhil Law? I believe DPhil Law does not typically carry out interviews.
Original post by Shwayb
Any news? MPhil Socio-Legal I've still got upload button available and 'ready for assessment'. Last we heard was interview invites being sent on Wednesday evening? I suppose with it being weekend admin staff are not working so won't hear anything until Monday.
Where's the Upload button supposed to be?
Reply 26
Where's the Upload button supposed to be?
Upload button is on the portal if you press on supporting documents
Reply 27
Any news on any of the law courses? Two DPhil Socio-Legal candidates got interviewed. I’ve not heard anything regarding the MPhil Socio-Legal, so losing a lot of hope lol. Don’t think I’ve heard anything regarding DPhil Law for anyone wondering too
Original post by Shwayb
Upload button is on the portal if you press on supporting documents
Ah yes, it's there. Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I got interviewed earlier this week.
Reply 29
Ah yes, it's there. Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I got interviewed earlier this week.
How was it? Best of luck! Upload button is not a 100% guarantee but essentially can indicate a decision being made for your application (admission or rejection). If you’ve been interviewed it’s more waiting until March time for any email or upload button change. If I’m being honest I’ve lost all hope, this time last year I believe everyone had been interviewed so, I just haven’t heard a single person talk about the socio legal MPhil.
Original post by Shwayb
How was it? Best of luck! Upload button is not a 100% guarantee but essentially can indicate a decision being made for your application (admission or rejection). If you’ve been interviewed it’s more waiting until March time for any email or upload button change. If I’m being honest I’ve lost all hope, this time last year I believe everyone had been interviewed so, I just haven’t heard a single person talk about the socio legal MPhil.
I thought the interview went well, thanks. General questions about the research proposal, funding, etc. Ah you're an MPhil applicant? I applied for DPhil. Timelines may vary.
Reply 31
I thought the interview went well, thanks. General questions about the research proposal, funding, etc. Ah you're an MPhil applicant? I applied for DPhil. Timelines may vary.
Maybe they deal with the DPhil applicants first who knows. Regardless, it's good to hear the interview went well!
Received an invitation on the 21st for the interview next week (DPhil). Saw on another forum that a MPhil applicant received interview invitation last week.
Original post by tanyirufleur
Received an invitation on the 21st for the interview next week (DPhil). Saw on another forum that a MPhil applicant received interview invitation last week.
Which DPhil? Law? Socio-Legal Studies?
Which DPhil? Law? Socio-Legal Studies?
socio-legal
socio-legal
Good luck! Full-time or part-time? Looks like they're still sending out invites and conducting interviews then. There's hope for all DPhil applicants.
Good luck! Full-time or part-time? Looks like they're still sending out invites and conducting interviews then. There's hope for all DPhil applicants.
Thanks! I apply for full-time programme. And yeah, now we know that they send invites in batches.
Reply 37
Thanks! I apply for full-time programme. And yeah, now we know that they send invites in batches.
Good luck and thanks for letting the thread know. Maybe they send a last batch out on 28th since they've been sending the invites on Wednesdays!
Reply 38
Any idea in which thread you saw the MPhil Socio-Legal applicant? Kwl beans if not
Original post by Shwayb
Any idea in which thread you saw the MPhil Socio-Legal applicant? Kwl beans if not
Hi! I am an international applicant. I saw that applicant on our local website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending