The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/DPhil Law and Socio Legal Research- 2024

Scroll to see replies

My interview was on the 22nd. It went reasonably well. They said decisions would be made in two weeks. They had 150 applicants for the Dphil, they will do 30 inteviews for 9 spots. I wouldnt think all the interviews are done yet. So I would hold out some hope though obviously as time goes on that possibility diminishes.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Nervienellie
My interview was on the 22nd. It went reasonably well. They said decisions would be made in two weeks. They had 150 applicants for the Dphil, they will do 30 inteviews for 9 spots. I wouldnt think all the interviews are done yet. So I would hold out some hope though obviously as time goes on that possibility diminishes.
Thanks for sharing that. Would you know if it’s full-time stats or full-time and part-time combined?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Thanks for sharing that. Would you know if it’s full-time stats or full-time and part-time combined?
No idea. they did not specify.
Thank you so much for sharing! I also applied but have not heard anything regarding an interview yet, even though I already talked with a potential supervisor... I hope it is not over yet!
Hi! Has anyone heard about Mphil interviews?
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi! Has anyone heard about Mphil interviews?
It’s what I’ve been waiting to hear for! Nothing my end just ready for assessment and upload button still there. Been only DPhil interviews or at least that is what’s being reported here
Still nothing on my end (DPhil Law).
Original post by Shwayb
It’s what I’ve been waiting to hear for! Nothing my end just ready for assessment and upload button still there. Been only DPhil interviews or at least that is what’s being reported here
nothing still on Mphil interviews, which I guess is a bad sign?
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymous #4
nothing still on Mphil interviews, which I guess is a bad sign?
Hoping we can hear something this evening, any portal changes? For interviews portals shouldn’t change generally speaking but worth a look.
Reply 49
does anyone know if they are doing interviews for mphil law applicants? I know on the program website it says no but heard some people are receiving invitations for them.
Reply 50
Original post by Chase54
does anyone know if they are doing interviews for mphil law applicants? I know on the program website it says no but heard some people are receiving invitations for them.
MPhil Law/DPhil Law shouldn't have interviews as that's why additional requirements are set for the course (written work). So there should be no contact in February generally speaking and it be a wait until the 10/20th March. But yeah only socio-legal courses should have interviews. Has anyone heard for MPhil Socio-Legal Research? Faith is now reaching 0% haha.
anyone elses upload button has disappeared? that whole section actually?
Took the interview on the 28th (Dphil in socio-legal). Just noticed that upload button has disappeared. Not feeling optimistic as I feel I didn't do well in the interview.
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous #5
anyone elses upload button has disappeared? that whole section actually?
Upload button still there for me and 'ready for assessment'. Might change Friday Afternoon time I'm going to assume
Original post by tanyirufleur
Took the interview on the 28th (Dphil in socio-legal). Just noticed that upload button has disappeared. Not feeling optimistic as I feel I didn't do well in the interview.
I flubbed a question too. I wouldnt worry about it. I doubt theyd throw out an application over one flubbed question. I expect it will come down to whether they can match you with a supervisor who is willing.
I flubbed a question too. I wouldnt worry about it. I doubt theyd throw out an application over one flubbed question. I expect it will come down to whether they can match you with a supervisor who is willing.
Thanks for the reassurance. But honestly, I feel that my potential supervisor was not very interested in my project. Anyway, it's all in the past. Gook luck to you!
I never had the interview, but my button also disappeared some time yesterday evening/today morning...
Original post by Anonymous #2
I never had the interview, but my button also disappeared some time yesterday evening/today morning...
socio legal studies or another degree? I dont think they interview for Dphil in Law etc?
socio legal studies or another degree? I dont think they interview for Dphil in Law etc?
For DPhil Socio-Legal
Original post by Anonymous #2
For DPhil Socio-Legal
ah well. You never know- well all hear soon enough I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending