The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/DPhil Law and Socio Legal Research- 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyirufleur
Thanks for the reassurance. But honestly, I feel that my potential supervisor was not very interested in my project. Anyway, it's all in the past. Gook luck to you!
Why would they interview you if they weren't interested? Perhaps they didn't want to give away too much.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
has anyone heard back yet? are we thinking we'll hear over the weekend or nah?
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous #5
has anyone heard back yet? are we thinking we'll hear over the weekend or nah?
Depends, if we talking actual offers I think there's a good two weeks left, interviews I've no clue...
A friend got acceptance for MPhil Socio legal
hey, i just received an acceptance for dphil in sociolegal studies. does anybody know how the funding part works?
Got rejected today, was expecting as I did not have an interview. However, I had a potential supervisor who I was in contact with. Not sure what went wrong. The only thing I can imagine, while I come from another very competitive Russel Group uni, I do not have an Oxbridge degree. Accepted students, congratulations! If I may ask, did you all went to Oxbridge previously?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Got rejected today, was expecting as I did not have an interview. However, I had a potential supervisor who I was in contact with. Not sure what went wrong. The only thing I can imagine, while I come from another very competitive Russel Group uni, I do not have an Oxbridge degree. Accepted students, congratulations! If I may ask, did you all went to Oxbridge previously?
I did have an interview. Sucks to be rejected. But FWIW I went to a fairly elite university in america for my masters. I hope the decision does not come down to just "have you attended oxbridge before". Maybe I fell short somewhere else. Its okay. Will try again next year.
Original post by Anonymous #5
I did have an interview. Sucks to be rejected. But FWIW I went to a fairly elite university in america for my masters. I hope the decision does not come down to just "have you attended oxbridge before". Maybe I fell short somewhere else. Its okay. Will try again next year.
Congratulations for getting through to an interview! That already indicates that you are good enough for Oxford. I am sorry about the rejection, I feel you. If I may, did you study before general Law or an interdisciplinary subject?
Congratulations for getting through to an interview! That already indicates that you are good enough for Oxford. I am sorry about the rejection, I feel you. If I may, did you study before general Law or an interdisciplinary subject?
It was an interdisciplinary program.
Sorry to hear that. Is this Sociolegal - MPhil or Dphil?
Original post by Anonymous #6
Sorry to hear that. Is this Sociolegal - MPhil or Dphil?
DPhil
Reply 71
I received a rejection (MPhil Socio-Legal) at 5 p.m. today; best of luck to everyone who has been accepted!
Sorry to those who were rejected. I also received my DPhil Socio-Legal offer yesterday.
Original post by Anonymous #3
Sorry to those who were rejected. I also received my DPhil Socio-Legal offer yesterday.
Congratulations! I received a rejection, as expected. Best of luck with your future studies!
Original post by tanyirufleur
Congratulations! I received a rejection, as expected. Best of luck with your future studies!
Thank you! And good luck to you as you make alternative plans.
Does every offer-holder get nominated for the ESRC? How does it work, any clue?
My magic button disappeared (DPhil in Law).
Reply 77
Same. But I believe mine disappeared this weekend. I checked yesterday.
Reply 78
Original post by Anonymous #7
My magic button disappeared (DPhil in Law).
Mine is still there. What does it mean?
Original post by MMR2024
Mine is still there. What does it mean?
No idea. The magic button might only imply the decision has been made, no sign for offer or rejection. I suppose the results would be released this week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending