The Student Room Group

College

Hi, I'm in a college ages 19 - 23 with a f-1 visa
I have a few friends that where told they are going to be expelled. I want to know how many students can the college expell with out the government having a problem with that? The government gives funds to the college. Can it stop??)
(Wich means, the school will cancel the visa, is that ok with the government rules?)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Y.sab
Hi, I'm in a college with a f-1 visa
I have a few friends that where told they are going to be expelled. I want to know how many students can the college expell with out the government having a problem with that? The government gives funds to the college. Can it stop??)
(Wich means, the school will cancel the visa, is that ok with the government rules?)

The way colleges are funded is quite complicated. You can see all the gory details here (assuming we're talking about students aged 16-19).

The college could theoretically expell every single student if they wanted. They'd then have to bring in just as many new students, else they'd have insufficient funding to cover all the college's costs (including paying staff).

No college is going to shy away from expelling students because of potential funding issues; they'd simply cut costs or enroll new students.

Similarly, the government aren't going to step-in and tell a college it can't expell so many students. It has no control over such matters.

Sorry. :frown:

(What did your friends do to get them expelled en masses?)
Reply 2
It's ages 19 - 24
The college can expell half the students and still give out visas for the next year?
Original post by Y.sab
It's ages 19 - 24
The college can expell half the students and still give out visas for the next year?

Yes. I'm confused as to why you think they wouldn't be able to.
Reply 4
Because if you expell half your students, there is something wrong with your college, especially if you get funds from the government
Original post by Y.sab
Because if you expell half your students, there is something wrong with your college, especially if you get funds from the government

I disagree. If you expel half your students, that suggests that there was something wrong with those students.

(You still haven't said why they're all being expelled.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending