The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Environmental Technology MSc offer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous #1
Literally just (5 mins ago) received an interview invite via email. No updates on the portal though!
Hi! Have you had the interview yet, if so can you offer an insight in what it is like?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by JDWaugh17
Hi! Have you had the interview yet, if so can you offer an insight in what it is like?
Hey, yes I completed my interview!

I was asked about my motivations and how my background aligns with the objections of the option. I was then given a scenario about teamwork and asked how I would handle it (don't remember the scenario, sorry). Then, I was shown a picture of some land and asked what comes to mind when seeing it and given the scenario that if someone wanted to build on it, how I would go about it - and a few other theoretical questions I don't remember. Lastly, I was asked about money and how I'll be able to fund the degree. This is how I remember it, I hope it helps!!

To be honest, I found it quite difficult, but the option leader was incredibly sweet and helpful which calmed me down a lot.

Have you heard back?
Reply 22
Hey, yes I completed my interview!

I was asked about my motivations and how my background aligns with the objections of the option. I was then given a scenario about teamwork and asked how I would handle it (don't remember the scenario, sorry). Then, I was shown a picture of some land and asked what comes to mind when seeing it and given the scenario that if someone wanted to build on it, how I would go about it - and a few other theoretical questions I don't remember. Lastly, I was asked about money and how I'll be able to fund the degree. This is how I remember it, I hope it helps!!

To be honest, I found it quite difficult, but the option leader was incredibly sweet and helpful which calmed me down a lot.

Have you heard back?
Thank you for the response. I got an interview Friday. If you don't mind me asking what option was this for?
Original post by JDWaugh17
Thank you for the response. I got an interview Friday. If you don't mind me asking what option was this for?
Yay congrats, well done!!! This was for environmental assessment and management - if I remember correctly you chose the policy option so will most likely be different from mine. Hope it helps nevertheless. Keep us posted!
How did your interview go?
Does anyone know anyone who received an offer for an MSc program without their reference or application status changing? I have seen different things on various forums and would like to know if this is a sign or not 😭
Original post by Anonymous #2
fwiw I also applied around the new year for the EP option and just heard back this week (have an interview in a couple of weeks). on their website it says they usually make a decision within 8 weeks (mine took about 6) but I'd imagine it varies depending on your option choice etc
I have applied to Energy Policy and have been invited for an interview too. May I know how did your interview went? They have attached a scientific paper in the email invite. Wondering is it similar to yours or anyone have similar EP experience too? Appreciate any advice. Thank you!
Seems like I was the only one willing to divulge information about the interview 😅 (EAM option)

I see the same in every forum, people ask and ask and then they are not willing to give any information themselves. Don’t understand it, wouldn’t we want everyone to succeed?
Seems like I was the only one willing to divulge information about the interview 😅 (EAM option)
I see the same in every forum, people ask and ask and then they are not willing to give any information themselves. Don’t understand it, wouldn’t we want everyone to succeed?
I guess maybe some no longer read these threads after the interview haha. Thanks for sharing though! A little glimpse on how the interview conducted despite our differing Options. Wishing you the best!
Officially got an offer today woohoo! Hope everyone will receive the same news
Officially got an offer today woohoo! Hope everyone will receive the same news
congratulations 🥳
Original post by Anonymous #6
I have applied to Energy Policy and have been invited for an interview too. May I know how did your interview went? They have attached a scientific paper in the email invite. Wondering is it similar to yours or anyone have similar EP experience too? Appreciate any advice. Thank you!
Hi sorry I haven't been following this thread anymore, hope I'm not too late responding! My interview went well and I was made an offer which I accepted :smile:

My interview questions were quite similar to what Anonymous #1 described above: my motivations for applying, my interest in the subject, examples of working in a group, how I'd fund my studies and also how I thought I'd cope with the natural science elements of the course (given my social science background).
I was also asked to share my thoughts on the academic article, so make sure you've read it and thought about it a bit!

On the whole it was quite relaxed and informal, I got the impression that they really just wanted to understand my experience and motivations and also to make sure that I could communicate well and would be able to work well in a group setting.
Good luck, hope it goes well!
Only got an email requiring PS :frown:(
But my deadline for UCL is quite near, not sure if I should accept it
Original post by Anonymous
Hi sorry I haven't been following this thread anymore, hope I'm not too late responding! My interview went well and I was made an offer which I accepted :smile:
My interview questions were quite similar to what Anonymous #1 described above: my motivations for applying, my interest in the subject, examples of working in a group, how I'd fund my studies and also how I thought I'd cope with the natural science elements of the course (given my social science background).
I was also asked to share my thoughts on the academic article, so make sure you've read it and thought about it a bit!
On the whole it was quite relaxed and informal, I got the impression that they really just wanted to understand my experience and motivations and also to make sure that I could communicate well and would be able to work well in a group setting.
Good luck, hope it goes well!
Congrats and thanks for the thorough share! Mine was similar interview style to yours and I have accepted my offer too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending