The Student Room Group

If I do not get into uni this year can I reapply next year?

If I do not get into uni this year can I reapply next year?

I am worried that I will not get into university this year, due to lack of work experience. I am a mature student, but I have not done much with my life, due to mental health reasons. I am thinking of taking a year out to get more work and voluntary experience. I am currently doing the Access course.
Yeah 100% but you'll have to write a new personal statement though. I took a gap year after sixth form to do an access course and decided that I needed more time so I took another gap- I'm applying again very soon!:smile: Also I don't think you need a lot of experience to be accepted into university (I barely have any other than some clubs in secondary school, I got accepted into all my unis) but I guess it depends on the course. Things will be okay in the end.
Reply 2
OK, thank you. I'm OK with that. I would have more things to write about that would make it better. Good luck! Yeah, I think it might be different because I'm a mature student, and I'm struggerling to write about when I have done things thar show positive charecter traits.

Why did you do the Access course after A-levels, if you don't mind me asking?
Good luck to you too I'm sure you'll get in!

No worries I don't mind talking and helping :biggrin: The A-levels I did were all humanities, I was kinda forced to pick such subjects instead of science because my maths grade didn't meet the requirements so I just went along with it. I love humanities too and passed with good grades so it was not an issue...until when it was- I took a gap year to do an Access course in science online to do biomedical science at university.

What are you planning to apply to?

Also I think you can also gain experience in areas that doesn't have to relate to your course like hobbies, activities. health etc. Being a mature student is not at all a disadvantage and its very common. You can also read a book relating to your course (I name dropped a book in my previous personal statement) and talk about what it taught you/why it inspired you to apply!

Original post by KeziaF
OK, thank you. I'm OK with that. I would have more things to write about that would make it better. Good luck! Yeah, I think it might be different because I'm a mature student, and I'm struggerling to write about when I have done things thar show positive charecter traits.

Why did you do the Access course after A-levels, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending