The Student Room Group

Hugely regret not trying hard at GCSEs.

GCSEs I was slacking off and hanging around the wrong groups of people. My grades were:

Maths -5
English - 5
Science - 5-5
Computer Science - 7
Geography - 6
Business - 6
RE - 5

If I could go back in time I would've tried way harder, and I've been recently beating myself up about it.
Original post by theuser10
GCSEs I was slacking off and hanging around the wrong groups of people. My grades were:

Maths -5
English - 5
Science - 5-5
Computer Science - 7
Geography - 6
Business - 6
RE - 5

If I could go back in time I would've tried way harder, and I've been recently beating myself up about it.

Hey I feel for you. I went through the same thing and I too wished I actually tried harder during GCSEs but what I found was it could only get better from there. Realizing and admitting this is the first step. Focus on your A levels now and if you really need to, retake some of your GCSEs. Don't beat yourself up. It's what you do next that matters.
Reply 2
Failure is not the end. It's what you do next that counts. I know so many people who got straight As and got into the top schools like UCLs and are complete morons. (if that helps). Good luck with A Levels!
Reply 3
Original post by Jude Maverick
Failure is not the end. It's what you do next that counts. I know so many people who got straight As and got into the top schools like UCLs and are complete morons. (if that helps). Good luck with A Levels!

Thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey I feel for you. I went through the same thing and I too wished I actually tried harder during GCSEs but what I found was it could only get better from there. Realizing and admitting this is the first step. Focus on your A levels now and if you really need to, retake some of your GCSEs. Don't beat yourself up. It's what you do next that matters.

Nah there's no point. I've already sent off my UCAS and A Levels are just around the corner. I just wish I got one grade higher so that I could do A Level Maths.

While my GCSEs haven't much affected the universities I could apply to, it just would've opened much more doors for me if I had just done better.

Needed to vent, thanks for listening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending