The Student Room Group

Personal statement plagiarism panicking

I just posted a thread on here- and basically wrote the same sentence about 10 words exactly the same as in my personal statement without thinking!

I’m now panicking my personal statement will be flagged for plagiarism- the sentence is in my own words/ was am written from scratch by me- it was about a volunteering thing I’ve done, but oh my god I am panicking. Would this likely be flagged up? I haven’t copied from anyone else but myself.

I sent my ucas application off 8 days ago and posted this thread like 20 mins ago. Would it be likely to be flagged up now??

Edit: just doubled checked- 6 words have been used from the same sentence, the opening is the same but the words were re-structured and there’s two words different on my statement. Hopefully my other thread will be removed.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Have you taken it down?You should be okay we have had people put the whole thing up for a few minutes and it has not caused a problem to my knowledge.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Have you taken it down?You should be okay we have had people put the whole thing up for a few minutes and it has not caused a problem to my knowledge.

I posted it as anon- I’ve asked for it to be removed, I could quite honestly cry. Can’t believe I did that tbh. It might take the moderators hours to remove it
(edited 2 months ago)
Even if someone stole the whole sentence, it wouldn't get flagged as plagiarism for you or them as the % match needed is fairly high.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending