The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Accounting and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champgnpki
fairs 😭😭
How's it going for you? And everyone else? Anyone heard from LSE yet (whether that is an offer or rejection)?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
How's it going for everyone? I suppose no decisions yet from LSE yet? I've got offers from my other 4, just waiting for LSE now!
Original post by Anonymous #2
How's it going for you? And everyone else? Anyone heard from LSE yet (whether that is an offer or rejection)?

only heard back from durham yet, got offer but, still waiting on bath warwick lse kings. i applied just over a month ago with predicted grades A*AAA no contextual
only heard back from durham yet, got offer but, still waiting on bath warwick lse kings. i applied just over a month ago with predicted grades A*AAA no contextual
Nice, congrats on the Durham offer! Good luck for the rest. I'd applied to Bath, KCL, and Warwick around early Jan.
Original post by Vesti La Giubba
Nice, congrats on the Durham offer! Good luck for the rest. I'd applied to Bath, KCL, and Warwick around early Jan.
What are your stats? I’ve applied to the same unis bar Bath
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there, I’m an Irish student applying for Accounting and finance. I applied at LSE, KCL, Warwick, Bath and Durham. I really want to get an offer is it a very competitive course, I tried to research it but I’m barely finding stats on the acceptance rates as of recent years and for my grades I’ve been predicted a H1 in maths which in UK is an A start and the rest of my predicted grades are great as well does anyone have any advice?
if you are looking for acceptance rates go to admissions report website and you can find stats from previous years.
Original post by Anonymous #3
What are your stats? I’ve applied to the same unis bar Bath
Predicted 4A *s , iGCSEs were 6A *s 2As.

Who have you heard back from so far?

(4 A stars A levels predicted, IGCSEs 6 A stars 2 As (if the formatting is weird))
Original post by tushar2006774

my application got sent jan 18th and i got durham on feb 6th

I feel maybe they give offers to uk citizens first because I’m a Irish student who comes under home fee so maybe I might get mine late idek

probably bro who knows
let me know if when get an offer tho i’ll lyk if i get any others

I just got an offer from Durham for AAB
Hello all. Has anyone heard back from LSE yet? Think they've started making some decisions now.
Hello all. Has anyone heard back from LSE yet? Think they've started making some decisions now.

I’ve heard they’ve been giving out rejections but I haven’t seen/heard any offers yet.
Haven’t heard back myself yet.
Did get a KCL rejection tho
I’ve heard they’ve been giving out rejections but I haven’t seen/heard any offers yet.
Yeah I saw a few people said they were rejected. So no news is good news for now. Sorry to hear about KCL. Got any other offers? Competition seems to get fiercer each year.
Yeah I saw a few people said they were rejected. So no news is good news for now. Sorry to hear about KCL. Got any other offers? Competition seems to get fiercer each year.

Nah haven’t heard back from anyone else yet.
looking at apprenticeships asw though so got interviews n stuff going on for those asw
Hey!!
It’s amazing how everyone’s applied to practically the same unis. As i’ve also applied to LSE, KCL, Warwick and Bath, my fifth uni is Queen Mary’s London. But recently got a rejection from KCL, and have an offer from Queen Mary’s and still waiting on the rest.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey!!
It’s amazing how everyone’s applied to practically the same unis. As i’ve also applied to LSE, KCL, Warwick and Bath, my fifth uni is Queen Mary’s London. But recently got a rejection from KCL, and have an offer from Queen Mary’s and still waiting on the rest.
The fact that Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL don't have A&F courses does make it such that most of us with decent grades end up applying to roughly the same places. So all the more emphasis on the personal statement. I'm lucky to have 4/4 so far but wasn't too confident about any of them for the same reason.
The fact that Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL don't have A&F courses does make it such that most of us with decent grades end up applying to roughly the same places. So all the more emphasis on the personal statement. I'm lucky to have 4/4 so far but wasn't too confident about any of them for the same reason.
With 4a predictions like yours honestly I’d be surprised if you get rejected. I’ve had friends with 3 a stars and 1 a get in for a+f. But what subjects do you do?
With 4a predictions like yours honestly I’d be surprised if you get rejected. I’ve had friends with 3 a stars and 1 a get in for a+f. But what subjects do you do?
Maths, Economics, Business, and Computer Science. I knew I had a good shot at Bristol/Bath/KCL. But I was pretty nervous about Warwick so especially happy about that. Hoping for LSE but I know my chances are slim despite having a strong profile.
Maths, Economics, Business, and Computer Science. I knew I had a good shot at Bristol/Bath/KCL. But I was pretty nervous about Warwick so especially happy about that. Hoping for LSE but I know my chances are slim despite having a strong profile.
You’ll get it. Don’t worry. I’m waiting on Warwick and Lse still. Got Durham and kcl.

It’s “only” an AAA course at the end of the day so with 4a* predicted in a good mix of subjects and a good ps I don’t see why they’d want to reject you.
You’ll get it. Don’t worry. I’m waiting on Warwick and Lse still. Got Durham and kcl.
It’s “only” an AAA course at the end of the day so with 4a* predicted in a good mix of subjects and a good ps I don’t see why they’d want to reject you.
Thank you for the nice words. I'm hopeful, but equally I know that how 'good' a personal statement is can be subjective. Congrats on Durham and KCL, and all the best for Warwick and LSE!
Just got an offer from King’s so happy with it their regular offer of A*,A,A
Original post by tushar2006774
Just got an offer from King’s so happy with it their regular offer of A*,A,A

congrats !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending