The Student Room Group

TSR BookChat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tatakae L
ive liked ur suggestion bc it is one I have wanted to read and I did the circus one too bc it looks interestingg. Im hoping we get a proper vote tho and not just me liking posts😭😭😭😭

Yesssss the girl with the dragon tattoo is so good and I've been looking for a reason to read it again
It also ties in alot with current problems of the world (corruption, justice system etc...)

And the main charachther is so cool
Original post by halfharry
Yesssss the girl with the dragon tattoo is so good and I've been looking for a reason to read it again
It also ties in alot with current problems of the world (corruption, justice system etc...)

well then I'll defo be voting for it tmr in the poll xx
Reply 22
Original post by emaanqur
hii!

this is great, im excited to see how this progresses!

im doing my gcses this year so am not reading as much as usual, but I am currently on book 11 of the year, which is 'Stay Close' - Harlan Coben.
I am a massive crime fiction and suspense thriller addict, and my fave author is Tess Gerritsen 🙂 I'd love to hear about what other people are interested in, and I would really appreciate recs within and outside of this genre!!

Oooo imma try it i have classics like Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson. These do ya crime Cynthia Murphy, Monica Murphy. Helen Fields who does adult crime/thriller i think? I have many more lol
I'm also a sucker for rom-com books and I like reading books about psychology it is really interesting 🙂
Reply 23
To join in and discuss, I am in the middle of Alive which I suggested as a possible option.

I read Into Thin Air in the past, which I really liked, and then heard about the recent film on the Andes crash. I think it is called Society of the Snow. I started reading this book Alive then became so interested in it, I then watched the recentish film on Netflix before I finished Alive. Still half through Alive. Then I found out about one of the survivor's books and am now reading that. So am hopping about a bit but liking it all.

I find it all fascinating.

For a bit of 'light relief' I am also reading Innocent Traitor (about Lady Jane Grey).

Regarding suggestions, I love Pride and Prejudice - great suggestion. The circus one is good too and Girl with a dragon tattoo.
(edited 2 months ago)
Vote for February Book of the Month

Dear everyone,
Voting for February Book of the Month is now open! Press this link to vote now ❤️

Thanks everyone,
Emmanuella 🎀
@Tatakae L im on book 4 😭😭
@Tatakae L im on book 4 😭😭

stoppp, im 200 pages in😭😭. your tryna kill mee, but i havent had that much time to read lol. I'll catch up soon enough
stoppp, im 200 pages in😭😭. your tryna kill mee, but i havent had that much time to read lol. I'll catch up soon enough

dw i have mocks this week, i need spirutal intervention bcs God knows i aint revised #bookaddict
(edited 2 months ago)
dw i have mocks this week, i need spirutal intervention bcs God knows i aint revised #bookaddict

lol, i have mocks in april but theyre the ones that theyre gonna eventually put up on ucas so im so scared and i need to revisie, the reading comes at night for me, i try to ignore it throught the day. YOU GOT THIS BABE XX
i love this thread! i watch the book club one but haven't posted because i've already read daisy jones (love that book!!)
i just finished my fourth book of the year (normal people) and am now trying to pick what to read next. has anyone read the secret history and if so what did you think?
Reply 30
lol, i have mocks in april but theyre the ones that theyre gonna eventually put up on ucas so im so scared and i need to revisie, the reading comes at night for me, i try to ignore it throught the day. YOU GOT THIS BABE XX

Best of luck with it you can do this 💪💪💪💯💯💯

1 believe it and you are half way there and the other half is to do it☠️😭
Reply 31
Omd is it just me but i have been reserving books like crazy from my county library and i always have like 10 books on me😭

It obviously takes me like 2 weeks to read them all but damm reading is like a guilty pleasure and a literal drug☠️
Hi guys, I am setting up a bookclub on my society and I am looking for ideas for running the session. What would you guys want out of a book society?
Reply 33

OMG i heard so many things about that book but i have yet got the chance to read it. Its on my bookshelf thus is a sign to read it! Did you know they have more books added to the trilogy but its by a diff author. My aunt says it is still real good thi
Original post by flamingolover
Hi guys, I am setting up a bookclub on my society and I am looking for ideas for running the session. What would you guys want out of a book society?

oooo @flamingolover nice idea!! i have also tagged you in our very own book club so that you will be notified of important future updates ❤️ if i were to run a book club, it would have to be where a book is chosen/voted for by the group and then discussed after everybody has read it!
Original post by Trickia
Best of luck with it you can do this 💪💪💪💯💯💯

1 believe it and you are half way there and the other half is to do it☠️😭

loll this is so reall
Original post by Trickia
OMG i heard so many things about that book but i have yet got the chance to read it. Its on my bookshelf thus is a sign to read it! Did you know they have more books added to the trilogy but its by a diff author. My aunt says it is still real good thi

ITS SOO GOOD, I only read the first 3 bcs ik the author died (there were suppose to be 7 books) and i kept hearing the other books weren't good, but if we get the book for book club i'll definitely try reading the rest
Legit bought a copy of Daisy jones and the 6 was struggling to read it on my phone
Original post by emm4nuella
oooo @flamingolover nice idea!! i have also tagged you in our very own book club so that you will be notified of important future updates ❤️ if i were to run a book club, it would have to be where a book is chosen/voted for by the group and then discussed after everybody has read it!

That’s our current plan! We are going to pick 3 books as a shortlist then let our members vote and also they can recommend books for the shortlist that we will consider!
DISCUSS JANUARY BOOK OF THE MONTH
Hello everyone, the January book discussion has been opened a day early 🤯! The link is here: January Book of the Month Official Discussion: TSR Book Club - The Student Room

If you haven't finished/started the book, don't worry! Once you have, you can always go to the thread whenever you are ready to share your thoughts!

Thanks all,
Emmanuella ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending