The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Slade fine art 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymousart
I have not heard anything.
Can I ask if the people who have already been invited for interview have a date and time yet? Because if not, then possibly it sounds like they might be running behind as they are meant to be next week.

Hi !

I received an interview for the BFA 🩷.

I have received a time and date for interview.

Has anyone else been updated on the status for their application ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Esyoaimai
Hi !
I received an interview for the BFA 🩷.
I have received a time and date for interview.
Has anyone else been updated on the status for their application ?
When did you receive your invitation to interview for BFA?
Original post by Linda Zhang
When did you receive your invitation to interview for BFA?

27th of February :smile: !
Reply 83
Original post by chaz2022
Congrats! I guess you have done a foundation year? I’ve also allied for a foundation at UAL and Kingston (not heard anything back) but would rather go straight to uni

Coming from someone who also wanted to go straight into uni from a levels but ended up doing a foundation, it is absolutely worthwhile and you will probably regret not doing it- I know I would’ve. My art has developed massively on my foundation course in a direction I never would’ve expected but in the best way possible.

Also, it’s free. Why wouldn’t you take a free year of extra art education? This is just my opinion of course. Although I understand being eager to get started at uni and just wanting to get on with it. Either way good luck with whatever you do next!
Not crushing anyone's expectations but let's be realistic, the interviews are starting tomorrow so if you didn't get an invitation it looks like a rejection. I got interviews scheduled from all the unis I have applied pretty quickly but not Slade so at this point I'm already considering myself rejected. lol
Original post by Anonymous #1
Not crushing anyone's expectations but let's be realistic, the interviews are starting tomorrow so if you didn't get an invitation it looks like a rejection. I got interviews scheduled from all the unis I have applied pretty quickly but not Slade so at this point I'm already considering myself rejected. lol

Same :/
Reply 86
Original post by Anonymous #3
Same :/
Sod them then lol
Original post by _cw_ca_
Sod them then lol

Preach
I emailed them as I wanted to know either way. They replied pretty quickly saying I had not been selected of interview... depressing but at least now I know for sure. I don't want to stamp on people's hopes but at this stage I don't think it looks promising for anyone who has still not heard.
I really disagree with their process of not letting people know if they have not been selected. It is not very respectful. If anyone does want to know for sure I highly recommed just emailing them to get a confirmation on your application status, otherwise who knows when you might hear from them. And if you are still in with a chance of an interview you would find that out too.
I emailed them as I wanted to know either way. They replied pretty quickly saying I had not been selected of interview... depressing but at least now I know for sure. I don't want to stamp on people's hopes but at this stage I don't think it looks promising for anyone who has still not heard.
I really disagree with their process of not letting people know if they have not been selected. It is not very respectful. If anyone does want to know for sure I highly recommed just emailing them to get a confirmation on your application status, otherwise who knows when you might hear from them. And if you are still in with a chance of an interview you would find that out too.
Thanks for letting us know! Would you mind sharing the email address you sent the request to please?
Reply 90
I agree. To be honest, I'm so disappointed with the lack of communication, it's ridiculous. Its only because they've got the reputation that they can get away with being so vague. Thanks for letting us know abiut your email, Ima email too. What email did you send it too?
What was the email you emailed i want to email too
Original post by Anonymous #1
To be honest I don’t think anyone has heard back about the Ba in fine art yet
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 94
Wonder whether or not Slade has stated the dates for the interviews of BA fine art? Is it also around 11-14 this month or it might be running late like last year?

Applying from college with an Ual extended diploma but have not heard from it yet.

Assuming they might still prioritise students who have completed their foundation years rather than folks like me smh
Reply 95
Original post by Cpz
Wonder whether or not Slade has stated the dates for the interviews of BA fine art? Is it also around 11-14 this month or it might be running late like last year?
Applying from college with an Ual extended diploma but have not heard from it yet.
Assuming they might still prioritise students who have completed their foundation years rather than folks like me smh
Maybe however, last year I got an interview however, I was rejected. I then went down to the open day in the summer and asked the head of the course the reasons for the rejection and it was because I didn't have a-levels or an equivalent course and tried to make a case but that got rejected for the same reason. They also said in the open day that the way they work is that they only look at the portfolio and personal statement first, offer interviews and then see if you actually meet the criteria to go
Reply 96
Original post by _cw_ca_
Maybe however, last year I got an interview however, I was rejected. I then went down to the open day in the summer and asked the head of the course the reasons for the rejection and it was because I didn't have a-levels or an equivalent course and tried to make a case but that got rejected for the same reason. They also said in the open day that the way they work is that they only look at the portfolio and personal statement first, offer interviews and then see if you actually meet the criteria to go
That was sad tho. I rung them before I applied and they affirmed to me that my current qualifications will be accepted, but who knows how they are gonna assess it internally lol

Not sure whether or not they are running late this year. Saw a post here this time last year and like people finally getting offers around April. The interviews for BA is still unconfirmed yet this year?
Sorry to hear that about last year. I emailed and just received a standard reply: Applicants shortlisted at the portfolio inspection will receive an email from the Slade inviting them to interview. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via UCAS.

I had requested any details about likely timelines particularly as the interview are shortly due to
Take Place but that wasn’t addressed. Perhaps they are running late like last year or there are huge volumes for them to go through. This is for the ba fine art not the bfa
Reply 98
Original post by Anonymous #7
Sorry to hear that about last year. I emailed and just received a standard reply: Applicants shortlisted at the portfolio inspection will receive an email from the Slade inviting them to interview. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via UCAS.
I had requested any details about likely timelines particularly as the interview are shortly due to
Take Place but that wasn’t addressed. Perhaps they are running late like last year or there are huge volumes for them to go through. This is for the ba fine art not the bfa
Ye I had the same response so I emailed back again asking to confirm if I've been rejected. This is BA Fine Art aswell
Original post by _cw_ca_
Ye I had the same response so I emailed back again asking to confirm if I've been rejected. This is BA Fine Art aswell

have all the BFA interviews been completed? i’ve applied for BFA but also got the same reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending