The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied and have an offer for English Literature and Journalism at Northumbria. It's my first choice so well happy :smile: I got an offer 4 days after applying, no interview though.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
I graduated from Northumbria in the summer. What kind of info are you after? I'll try and help if I can :smile:
what course did you do? what are the halls like? what are the people and clubs like? are the teachers and course good? is it hard to live on a students income?
Reply 4
I did Forensic Science. I can't say much for English and the English lecturers but mine were great :smile:

I stayed in Lovaine Hall, which is probably the crappiest, unless you're out in Byker. But the people were great. That's the most important thing. You can be happy wherever you are as long as you have decent people around you. If I was to recommend a hall I'd say either Stepho, Glenamara or Camden Court are probably best in terms of atmosphere and location.

Clubs are great. Newcastle really is a student city. there's a different night out every night of the week. Saturday's the big night at Northumbria Union. Fridays at Newcastle Union. Then in my day the big nights were Digital on a Monday (born in the 80s - 80p in, 80p a drink) Mood on a Wednesday (Northumbria sports night) Digital on a Thursday (Stone Love - indie/electro) or Skint at Envy (Cheese/RnB). There's lots of others about too, it's best to sample them all, decide what you like.

I worked through uni but that was mostly out of choice. I liked the freedom that gave me. But Newcastle's a really cheap city generally, it's a lot easier to live as a student there than it is most other places. I'm at Loughborough now doing my PhD and I'm shocked at the price of things in comparison, especially accomodation.
Thanks for the info, very helpful especially about the campuses as im in the process of applying for them soon enough.
Reply 6
Yeh, very helpful! Cheers.
yayy i got both offers after 8 days... i am a very happy bunny :-)
Reply 8
TimInTheNorth
Anybody else applied to Northumbria or currently there? I'm hoping to do Media Production :woo: Any information will be helpful, i.e interview dates etc....

me too, its my number one choice
nervous about prospect of interview

havent got anything back from them yet:frown:
Reply 9
i got my offer back a few days ago for Business with Marketing :smile:
really happy as it was my first choice
awesome :smile: where are you from?
Laura2k
i got my offer back a few days ago for Business with Marketing :smile:
really happy as it was my first choice

thats cool iv applied for that too its my second choice, business studies at northumbria is my first. where r u from?x
Reply 12
yea! its my firm choice! cant wait!
wallis
yea! its my firm choice! cant wait!

what are you doing there?
Reply 14
Qunatity Surveying and yourself?
business. thats cool, my friend is doing estate management there! i'm very excited :-)! can't wait... only... 9 months to go..!! xx
Reply 16
yea ino!!! have u picked your accommodation?
when can you apply for it? im gonna go for camden court but i bet its really oversuscribed but i cant share a toilet... i think i would rather die...!!!! have you? x
Reply 18
Hahaha! you can apply for it now! i sent my application for accommodation off a week ago! but they have merged all the popular halls together as once choice when you pick so in the notes i put them in order then. i picked Camden Court! lol
i'll be gutted if i don't get camden court. me and my twin sister also want to go in the same halls or even flat, coz we have loads of clothes between us that i cant be assed going a long way to get to! i should apply really soon.... which other unis did you apply to? did you go to northumbria open day?x

Latest

Trending

Trending