The Student Room Group

What is the meaning of life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
hey everyone, thank you all for contributing on this thread :smile:! i think you'll really like the ramadan 2024 thread :biggrin: that @milktee has set up - definitely go check it out!! even if you don't celebrate ramadan, i think the thread is a very good way of learning more about it! :cool: emmanuella :smile:
thank you for the mention 🤍🤍🤍
To make the bad people want to be good
i just learned about existentialism, which basically says that life has no meaning and people have to find a meaning for themselves
There is no meaning of life. We are here by mathematical probability and we will go out the same way. It means nothing in the scale of the universe.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
i just learned about existentialism, which basically says that life has no meaning and people have to find a meaning for themselves

The search for the meaning is a matter of the being. We are determined to our surrounding and this influences our actions. The meaning is a consequence of our actions, so determined to surrounding too.

And yes, I agree with your view on existentialism.
(edited 1 month ago)
If life has no meaning, try telling that to admissions tutors when they do find meaning in the fact that you haven't hit their minimum requirements. Try telling that to yourself when your life means so much more to you, to others, and to the long stretch that is your future and the potential future of all that know you when you are loved by those you love and, if you're in some position of power, to the history books themselves, to the micro and micro history of what has ever happened in the world.
(edited 1 month ago)
I amazed that among all these verbose responses only one other person know the answer.

In your opinion, what is the meaning of life? Why are we on this Earth? What's our purpose? Would love to hear your answers :smile:
I put it in the educational debate section originally because we can use our knowledge from school and academia to perhaps disagree/agree with someone's point (but philosophy is the perfect section methinks!!). Want to turn this into a debate as well ❤️

In those quiet moments, when the world feels like it's spinning too fast, I can't help but wonder about life. It's like, yeah, I'm living and stuff, but will I ever really be me again? And what about my future grandkids, you know? Will they even know who I was?
It's scary to think that in a few decades, I'll just be a name that nobody knwos. Like, seriously, will anyone even remember me?
I hope so, at least. I hope someone out there will still think of me when I'm gone. It's weird, right? Wondering where we go after we die. is there really a heaven or hell ( i hope so , with my jesus) ? And if there is, will I be with my family o with Jesus ?
Life's mysterious, man. One minute you're here, and the next, poof, you're gone. But even with all the uncertainty, there's something kinda sweet about it, you know? Like, we get to experience all this crazy stuff—love, laughter, heartbreak. It's what makes us human, I guess.
So yeah, I'm gonna start recording stuff—videos, journals, whatever. Just so my future fam knows I was here, doing my thing. Because even though life's short and kinda confusing, it's worth leaving a mark, even if it's just a tiny one. :frown:
In your opinion, what is the meaning of life? Why are we on this Earth? What's our purpose? Would love to hear your answers :smile:
I put it in the educational debate section originally because we can use our knowledge from school and academia to perhaps disagree/agree with someone's point (but philosophy is the perfect section methinks!!). Want to turn this into a debate as well ❤️

No reason, purpose or meaning. It is just a thing that is happening for a while.
The meaning of life is to love, be loved, reproduce and be happy. Spread joy, accumulate wisdom and do good deeds where possible.
I believe there is no reason, there's no set things you need to do or achieve, there's no time scale you need to complete things in. A meaning for life is ultimately nothing but self determined passion if anything, for some it's religiously set for them and that's great! For me, The meaning of life is to breathe & be alive. Being alive is a wonderous marvellous thing, even if it's hard and difficult in parts. Sometimes It's best to stop following goals you dont 100% actually want to do under some general societal pressure to "Have a good life" or that successfulness is the meaning of life. Being alive is what is the meaning of life is to me. Do whatever your heart compels you to and live with kindness is all we can do as humans! :grin:

Why are we on this earth? Cause the god cat hasn't pushed us off yet ...
download.jpg
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending