The Student Room Group

A-level options

Would biology, chemistry, Spanish and maths be too much? My firm 3 are bio, chem, Spanish, but I've heard for Cambridge etc a 4th helps (and I want to do a science course).
Our school also does compulsory epq, and currently I get 8/9s in bio, 9s in chem, 9s in Spanish and 8s in maths.
Please help, I'm so torn!!!!
You do not need 4 A levels. No Uni insists on this, and no Uni gives you extra credit for doing this.
Remember - AAA will always look better than ABBB - and that this could cost you a Uni place,

You could start with 4 subjects and drop Spanish after AS - then focus on the 3 subjects for A level.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You do not need 4 A levels. No Uni insists on this, and no Uni gives you extra credit for doing this.
Remember - AAA will always look better than ABBB - and that this could cost you a Uni place,

You could start with 4 subjects and drop Spanish after AS - then focus on the 3 subjects for A level.
Our school doesn't offer AS levels, and I'm definitely not dropping Spanish unless something goes horrifically wrong. It's just that on the Cambridge website it says something along the lines of "most applicants have at least 3 science/maths a-levels" even though only bio and chem are required and I kinda don't want to limit myself. Idk.
Thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest