The Student Room Group

MPhil/Postgrad Economics Oxford 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MichellexJordan_2670
Mine hasn’t and I got an informal offer
Alright, I guess it doesn't disappear for everyone. Good luck to anyone waiting for updates!
I wonder if I’ve been rejected I’ve not received an informal offer:frown:
Same :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #7
To everyone who got offers, would you mind sharing your profiles?
I got an offer today :smile:

I’m an economics student at Trinity College Dublin, predicted to graduate with a 1.1 (71% across all 3.5 years so far).

Have work experience in finance (trading firm) working on macroeconomic risk assessment.

Spent a year studying economics abroad at SciencesPo, which is a pretty well regarded institution.

Currently doing my diss in the field of urban economics. Very empirical paper with original research.

No GRE as I’m Irish.

Any other Qs let me know :smile:
I got an offer today :smile:
I’m an economics student at Trinity College Dublin, predicted to graduate with a 1.1 (71% across all 3.5 years so far).
Have work experience in finance (trading firm) working on macroeconomic risk assessment.
Spent a year studying economics abroad at SciencesPo, which is a pretty well regarded institution.
Currently doing my diss in the field of urban economics. Very empirical paper with original research.
No GRE as I’m Irish.
Any other Qs let me know :smile:
Your profile is very impressive. Congrats on the acceptance!
Anyone got an offer for Mphil+Dphil in Economics?
Anyone for the MPhil in Economics?
Anyone for the MPhil in Economics?
I applied for just the MPhil, got an informal offer yesterday afternoon
Your profile is very impressive. Congrats on the acceptance!
Thank you so much!! Definitely didn’t expect it so very grateful
Well deserved. Congrats! Did you submit part of your dissertation as the writing sample?
I emailed and they said it means we got offers!!
Hi, may I ask which email address did you send your enquiry to? I just still can't believe i got an offer since so many people are receiving this email at the same time.
I think a lot of applicants have received the offer holders' event invitation email from the department of economics on 7th March, yet the official offer letter hasn't been sent till now.
Original post by Anonymous #10
I think a lot of applicants have received the offer holders' event invitation email from the department of economics on 7th March, yet the official offer letter hasn't been sent till now.
Just curious, what's the event about? (Or when is it going to be?)
I haven't received anything, and I'm worried that that means I'm rejected T.T
Original post by Anonymous #11
Just curious, what's the event about? (Or when is it going to be?)
I haven't received anything, and I'm worried that that means I'm rejected T.T

It will be held on 20th March.
It will be held on 20th March.
I see, thanks! Hope I receive good news from them before the 20th!
Original post by Anonymous #11
I see, thanks! Hope I receive good news from them before the 20th!
I am in the same boat as you. I don’t want to be too negative but I think they might have sent all of the informal offers out in the one batch 😓
I'm not too concerned with that, since the applicants from previous year received their formal letters 13 days after receiving their informal letters.
Original post by bushi9981
I'm not too concerned with that, since the applicants from previous year received their formal letters 13 days after receiving their informal letters.
Okay I will try to remain positive
Original post by Anonymous #5
I am in the same boat as you. I don’t want to be too negative but I think they might have sent all of the informal offers out in the one batch 😓
Did they do that last year as well?
Original post by bushi9981
Does formal offer come via email or is it in writing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending