The Student Room Group

Civil Service Applications with little work experience

Hi,

How have you been successful in Civil Service applications when you have little work experience as you are a recent graduate- other than say some part time hospitality work to supplement your student income?
The application is an anonymous CV then a box to list Employment History- how have you structured these and what other examples have you used and how when only having minimal work history to note.
Many thanks
Original post by ilovelemons
Hi,

How have you been successful in Civil Service applications when you have little work experience as you are a recent graduate- other than say some part time hospitality work to supplement your student income?
The application is an anonymous CV then a box to list Employment History- how have you structured these and what other examples have you used and how when only having minimal work history to note.
Many thanks

I’ve applied to some civil service jobs and I’m a third year student so I’ve used university assignments, internships, society stuff, and volunteering. Just have ways to demonstrate skills, even if it’s not formal employment. Take this with a pinch of salt, as idk if I’m going to get through these applications yet lol
Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending