The Student Room Group

Career Advice

I got a job shortly after leaving college a couple years back and it was amazing and i was really enjoying it. For 18, it was good pay and i was happy. What more could I want. I was debating going to Uni (to do chemistry/pharmaceuticals), and after not getting the grades for my top choice i decided to take a gap year (which is when i got the job). I then went to uni the year after and had a lot of issues, both personal and uni related (such as the living and studying), and ultimately dropped out after the first 3 months to go back to my job. However I just turned 21 and my job has started to go downhill and i’m finding a lot more issues and problems that i don’t know how much longer i can deal with. And in terms of progression i don’t want to go any further up the chain of my current job. but without a degree or any aspirations i have no idea where i would go if i did decide to leave my job. I have always been interested in science but more so as a hobby than a career. I am also a very anxious person and as much as my job has brought me out of my shell, i can’t deal with facing customers anymore so if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it :smile:
Reply 1
maybe a degree apprenticeship could be a good option depending on what field you would be interested in as a career, you'd get a job and a uni degree without needing to devote yourself to being a full time student. You can find some on UCAS
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending