The Student Room Group

Amazon Project management apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haks459
I finished my assessment centre today
It was quite intense
They started with a PowerPoint and some ice breaker slides with questions like
What’s your favourite food?
If u could have one superpower what would it be?
And then they just summarised the course and where you’ll be working etc
Then came the group exercise
We were stranded on the moon and we had to rank 15 items to help us get back to main base
We had 15 mins as a group and one person at the end had to present representing the whole group
Then for our individual interviews they asked questions like
Why Amazon
What do u understand about apprenticeships
Why this program
And then name a time u learnt from a mistake
Name a time u were innovative
Stuff like that
Then for the PowerPoint we prepared u just had to presney it and then they’ll ask u how did u go about making this PowerPoint
What did u find challenging when making the PowerPoint
So just be prepared to answer stuff like that
What exactly was the PowerPoint exercise? Did you have to know how to make a professional PowerPoint?
Reply 21
Original post by Haks459
I finished my assessment centre today
It was quite intense
They started with a PowerPoint and some ice breaker slides with questions like
What’s your favourite food?
If u could have one superpower what would it be?
And then they just summarised the course and where you’ll be working etc
Then came the group exercise
We were stranded on the moon and we had to rank 15 items to help us get back to main base
We had 15 mins as a group and one person at the end had to present representing the whole group
Then for our individual interviews they asked questions like
Why Amazon
What do u understand about apprenticeships
Why this program
And then name a time u learnt from a mistake
Name a time u were innovative
Stuff like that
Then for the PowerPoint we prepared u just had to presney it and then they’ll ask u how did u go about making this PowerPoint
What did u find challenging when making the PowerPoint
So just be prepared to answer stuff like that
They didn't ask you about leadership principles?
Reply 22
Original post by Hamim728
What exactly was the PowerPoint exercise? Did u have to know how to make a professional PowerPoint?

They gave me a topic on what to do it on a few weeks before it was something like attributes of a well managed project with examples of when they’ve been used before
Reply 23
Original post by Haks459
They gave me a topic on what to do it on a few weeks before it was something like attributes of a well managed project with examples of when they’ve been used before
How many questions did you face in the end after your presentation. Got a AC on Tuesday.
Reply 24
Original post by orueq
They didn't ask you about leadership principles?

They didn’t directly ask me no but I still referred to them in my answers
Original post by M.Bxh14
How many questions did you face in the end after your presentation. Got a AC on Tuesday.
you got project management AC?
what locations have you guys got AC for? any of you for the Manchester one?
Reply 27
Original post by Kanieloutis1
you got project management AC?
No. Data analyst.
Reply 28
Original post by M.Bxh14
No. Data analyst.
How did the AC go?
Reply 29
Original post by orueq
How did the AC go?
Just finished an hour. Genuinely it went well, didnt go to plan for the group activity since it got little heated at the end but we got thru. Presentation was smooth. Interview questions were klm, not to complicated. im not to confident i will get offer since i didnt perform that well for group activity but i will keep faith.
Reply 30
Original post by M.Bxh14
Just finished an hour. Genuinely it went well, didnt go to plan for the group activity since it got little heated at the end but we got thru. Presentation was smooth. Interview questions were klm, not to complicated. im not to confident i will get offer since i didnt perform that well for group activity but i will keep faith.
Bro what happened in the group :eek3: Also, were there any technical questions and if so, were they difficult?
Original post by M.Bxh14
Whay happened in the group😭
Reply 32
Original post by orueq
So no coding questions?
No, btw its Data Analyst not SDE.
Reply 33
Original post by M.Bxh14
No, btw its Data Analyst not SDE.
Ah ok. Is it an office role or operations?
Reply 34
Original post by orueq
Ah ok. Is it an office role or operations?
Not to sure but im sure its a blend of both. Its says operations on my application. I even cater my presentation to operations (Prime) side hoping it would boost my chances.
Reply 35
Original post by M.Bxh14
Not to sure but im sure its a blend of both. Its says operations on my application. I even cater my presentation to operations (Prime) side hoping it would boost my chances.
Oh ok. Did they send you information about the presentation? They didn't tell me any details about it so I'm just relying on what everyone else is saying (that it can be about anything, has to be 10-15 mins etc.) but some people were saying that they got told to make the presentation about a certain theme so I'm confused.
Original post by orueq
Oh ok. Did they send you information about the presentation? They didn't tell me any details about it so I'm just relying on what everyone else is saying (that it can be about anything, has to be 10-15 mins etc.) but some people were saying that they got told to make the presentation about a certain theme so I'm confused.
have you been sent an invite for a project management AC? when did you get it and when is it if you don't mind me asking ?
Reply 37
Original post by orueq
most presentation you get told is to make a presentation about anything that your passionate about. But in my case it wasn’t. My presentation i got told to make ‘why amazon are data driven’ and give an example.
Reply 38
Original post by Kanieloutis1
have you been sent an invite for a project management AC? when did you get it and when is it if you don't mind me asking ?
Nah mine's data analysis
Reply 39
Original post by M.Bxh14
most presentation you get told is to make a presentation about anything that your passionate about. But in my case it wasn’t. My presentation i got told to make ‘why amazon are data driven’ and give an example.
How long before the AC did they tell you that bc mine's in 2 weeks and they haven't told me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending