The Student Room Group

Veterinary after an Zoology with Primatology Integrated Masters

Hi everyone! I started university in 2022 and am on my way to finishing my second year in zoology with primatology at Bangor University. Although I am on an integrated master's course meaning I have a master's year at the end of my degree I can get my master's and my bachelor's all in one degree. I originally applied to veterinary medicine but due to some very unfortunate events that happened during my A levels, I did not get the grades I needed but am thinking about possibly doing my veterinary degree after completing my master's year. How would I go about this? Would I be able to do an accelerated programme? I want to start thinking about this now so that I can decide over the next year before i have to start applying in my 4th year.
The biggest barrier is funding as there is little to no funding available for a vet med degree as a graduate as I understand.
Original post by artful_lounger
The biggest barrier is funding as there is little to no funding available for a vet med degree as a graduate as I understand.
All thought out as I work 30 hours a week alongside this degree saving for if I do go into a vet med degree and my nan has offered to help me out but hopefully shouldn’t need it if I can get into UCD as I am Irish and can study for free over there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending