The Student Room Group

Best University for being a Quant Analyst

Hi so I'm in a dilemma. I am not sure what career I want to go into between IB and quant. I know a maths degree is best for being a quant, but economics is as good as maths for investment banking (or would you say a maths degree is better?).My main question is which of these degrees would be best if I want to become a quant. Cambridge Economics, LSE Maths with Economics, Warwick MORSE, or UCL Maths with Economics. Also is Maths at Warwick better than MORSE at Warwick to become a quant? If I do end up choosing Warwick MORSE, should I switch to maths? And if I go UCL, should I switch to maths from maths with econ? I would rather go to LSE than Warwick for the overall prestige but Warwick is part of COWI, so is it better for becoming a quant whilst LSE is better for IB? Also is Cambridge Economics bad for becoming a quant? Is LSE maths with econ as good as if not better than Warwick maths/Morse for becoming a quant?

Also is it possible to go LSE undergrad then Cambridge Applied Maths for masters? Is that better than Warwick Maths/Morse for being a quant?
Original post by Sirius17
Hi so I'm in a dilemma. I am not sure what career I want to go into between IB and quant. I know a maths degree is best for being a quant, but economics is as good as maths for investment banking (or would you say a maths degree is better?).My main question is which of these degrees would be best if I want to become a quant. Cambridge Economics, LSE Maths with Economics, Warwick MORSE, or UCL Maths with Economics. Also is Maths at Warwick better than MORSE at Warwick to become a quant? If I do end up choosing Warwick MORSE, should I switch to maths? And if I go UCL, should I switch to maths from maths with econ? I would rather go to LSE than Warwick for the overall prestige but Warwick is part of COWI, so is it better for becoming a quant whilst LSE is better for IB? Also is Cambridge Economics bad for becoming a quant? Is LSE maths with econ as good as if not better than Warwick maths/Morse for becoming a quant?

Also is it possible to go LSE undergrad then Cambridge Applied Maths for masters? Is that better than Warwick Maths/Morse for being a quant?

thanks for a very thoughtful post. I am sorry I don't have answers . I also feel you are correct to deliberate over these issues .

Just a humble request : what is COWI ? sorry for my ignorance .
Reply 2
Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, Imperial
Sorry for my ignorance . Best wishes 👍
Reply 4
If you are unsure what you want to go into, I would stick with straight Maths or MORSE.
Reply 5
Original post by Typhoons
If you are unsure what you want to go into, I would stick with straight Maths or MORSE.

Which of those two is better, maths or Morse
Reply 6
Original post by Vkk1
Unfortunately you can't become a quant if you go to Warwick

Why not?
Reply 7
Original post by onnnoin
Why not?

he's just a troll account who hates on warwick

Quick Reply

Latest