The Student Room Group

Are these IGCSE results good enough for med school?

Here are my results predicted from the mock exams :
Just curious whether these grades will be sufficient for studying medicine at a Russel group uni since I only took 8 subjects
( and there are a majority of my friends who are only doing 7)
Please explain how this would affect the admission process
Original post by *bookworm27*
Just curious whether these grades will be sufficient for studying medicine at a Russel group uni since I only took 8 subjects
Yes your grades are more than sufficient.
Original post by *bookworm27*
As long as you get those grades for your IGCSE's theres a 99.999% chance you will get in. It really depends what you do at A Level. Russel groups usually ask for A*A*A* - A*AA (depending which one) but they do tend to look at your maths and english grades you achieved at GSCE level. With 8's and 9's you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Good luck!!!!
Original post by ruvatamarr
As long as you get those grades for your IGCSE's theres a 99.999% chance you will get in. It really depends what you do at A Level. Russel groups usually ask for A*A*A* - A*AA (depending which one) but they do tend to look at your maths and english grades you achieved at GSCE level. With 8's and 9's you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Good luck!!!!

Thank you, hoping on doing biology,chemistry,physics and psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending