The Student Room Group

is it too late to start revising with only 5 weeks left

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ...hehe
hey im currently stressed that gcse students only have 5 weeks left!! like what time flew so quick..anyways i've alrdy started revising but only a little and its not really efficient (producing flash cards). Im aiming for grade 6's in my gcse's. here are my predicted and latest mock results. Pls let me know if i still have time to make a change to my grades.
maths mocks=3 predicted=5
english lang mock=3 predicted=6
english lit mock=2 predicted=5
combined science foundation mock=? predicted=5 (aiming for a 4)
Re mock=2 predicted=7 (recently got a 8 in theme b test bcz i revised)
Business mock=5 predicted=6 (aiming for 6/7)
history mock=4 predicted=5 (aiming for a 6 bcz latest i revised and got a 6)
urdu foundation mock=4 predicted=4 (idc abt urdu jst need to pass)

Yes it's not too late if you start now! Get yourself a revision timetable then allocate time to each. 5 weeks of 6 hrs a day (I think that's pretty attainable once you're on study leave) means you have 150 hrs to revise! Then remember once exams have started there will be more revision time for the later exams. That means you can spend about an hour on each topic of each course. Remember to revisit the content, then once you're happy with it, switch to past papers to test your understanding. You've got this! (I got 9x9s at GCSE so feel free to ask for more advice)
Reply 21
Do lots of exam questions focusing on topics that you are struggling with. MockBot.AI https://mockbot.highersummit.com has lots of AI marked questions along with feedback. The questions are categorised by topics.
Reply 22
Original post by ...hehe
hey im currently stressed that gcse students only have 5 weeks left!! like what time flew so quick..anyways i've alrdy started revising but only a little and its not really efficient (producing flash cards). Im aiming for grade 6's in my gcse's. here are my predicted and latest mock results. Pls let me know if i still have time to make a change to my grades.
maths mocks=3 predicted=5
english lang mock=3 predicted=6
english lit mock=2 predicted=5
combined science foundation mock=? predicted=5 (aiming for a 4)
Re mock=2 predicted=7 (recently got a 8 in theme b test bcz i revised)
Business mock=5 predicted=6 (aiming for 6/7)
history mock=4 predicted=5 (aiming for a 6 bcz latest i revised and got a 6)
urdu foundation mock=4 predicted=4 (idc abt urdu jst need to pass)

i would say revise for maths and english cause you want a strong pass in it to at least get in a good sixth form/college.
Then revise for others cause maths and english are very important 🙂
Reply 23
Original post by BlueSeahorse08
Yes it's not too late if you start now! Get yourself a revision timetable then allocate time to each. 5 weeks of 6 hrs a day (I think that's pretty attainable once you're on study leave) means you have 150 hrs to revise! Then remember once exams have started there will be more revision time for the later exams. That means you can spend about an hour on each topic of each course. Remember to revisit the content, then once you're happy with it, switch to past papers to test your understanding. You've got this! (I got 9x9s at GCSE so feel free to ask for more advice)

yee thanks but our skl wont give us study leave for sum reason but do u think 4hrs a day is good?
Original post by AhmerM
Do lots of exam questions focusing on topics that you are struggling with. MockBot.AI https://mockbot.highersummit.com has lots of AI marked questions along with feedback. The questions are categorised by topics.

hey do you know of any other websites like this?
Reply 25
Original post by ...hehe
yee thanks but our skl wont give us study leave for sum reason but do u think 4hrs a day is good?

i think 4 hrs is good , especially if you do active revision like solving past papers , flashcard etc
Reply 26
Original post by curly_fries
hey do you know of any other websites like this?

https://app.mockbot.co
If you have weeks to go until an exam it's not too late, too late means you don't have anymore time to revise and you're sitting at your desk ready to start the exam. You may need to cram a bit, but don't sweat it and exams aren't worth getting all hot under the collar about. School exams aren't a be all end all at all, and if you don't get the grades you want there are many paths forward.

Quick Reply

Latest